Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

@zec668

Yes I am amazed. I have been working on going at 45 degree angles. First from chin down and away first pass. second pass I start at the ear and go down towards the chin 45 degrees. the third pass I start low on the outside and go at 45 degrees up towards my chin. This seems to get it pretty well and I have less irritation. Every where else is fine for the standard WTG,XTG,ATG.

I am still working on this but I am pretty happy with the results lately.

Tom

Spyder, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 4 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Bird
    Have you gotten that BadBoy H yet? I am really looking forward to the shave report.

Don't leave us hanging

Tom

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:mail:
    The H is in the house....

Tonight will be a quiet introductory time.:sexe:...Tomorrow, I'll let the press in....and there will be a press conference....
    Right now she is settling in.....Very svelte, and drop dead good looking.....I'm a little speechless....she doesn't look like the photos....she looks new and the gold just glows....Fits my hand like they had measured my hand before designing....

I hear her calling......I get back to you good folks later....I need to prepare her bath.....:love055:

Stay tuned.....

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  4. Bird Lives

What.....No Tumshie Heid...(Turnip Head)....?:happy097:

Spyder, Rufus T., Karl G and 4 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

This weekend I plan to do a full indepth review....I just grabbed a quick 2 pass + touch-up BBS...and now my wife and I are going to make a dash to our all night gym and go swimming.

But let me say this....I have NEVER gotten a better shave....Thank You @Karl G for finding me this treasure! I said Blame or Fame.....It's Fame....You da Man! This beauty is definitely in contension for Chairman of the Board razor in my Shave Cave...The words "Desert Island Razor" are being spoken in hushed tones through out my sub- consious shave cave.....

I grabbed a couple fast photos, to try and show this razor's size....It's leaning on it's gold top..so you can't see the beautiful gold top....Better pics this weekend.....I believe this is the ultimate "Travel-jector"...
    Heres the shots and stay tuned to a complete review and some good photos....

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jayaruh, Rufus T., Karl G and 6 others like this.
  6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Okay, most of us are partially SAD. But why are sellers on eBay selling empty blade containers? No one is that sad surely?

Karl G, AGHisBBS, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  7. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I Still hear that saying getting used..Its nearly up there with an another Auld Scottish sayin..Bawbag or Shutit ya Bawbag...:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you liked the shave. @Karl G is on to something with the H.

Welcome to the club

Karl G, Bird Lives, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Crivens, git oot o' ma face ya wee scunner :) ...

Rufus T., Karl G, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

First injector shave this AM. Butterscotch handle injector, vintage PAL blade.

Audio feedback was quite marked. Even in places where I normally don't hear it with a loud DE. Blade seemed wicked sharp, but not the smoothest. Several weepers. After the first pass with just VDH lather, I decided that some pre shave oil was prudent.

Angles of attack are probably going to take a while to get used to. Due to the weight of the razor and the sounds of shaving, I'd have to say it almost reminded me of dry shaving with a cart razor.

Might take a while to work out how this injector thing fits in to my shave world. I did end up with a very close shave, maybe it's just a getting comfortable with something new thing. Will try the same blade and combo tomorrow, me thinks.

Rufus T., Karl G, Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Those Old PAL Blades will offer a Ruff Ride..Don't judge an Injector by those Old Blades..:rolleyes005:

Rufus T., Karl G, Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Route 66 Retro Spice
    Rubberset 400
    PAL Adjustable
    Chick blade (3)
    Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Ogallala Bay Rum
    Happy Friday!
    [​IMG]

zec668, Salty Belle, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  13. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

3/11/16

Canadian made Valet Auto Strop VC1

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, PLAla, Karl G and 7 others like this.
  14. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
    Schick Adjustable Injector
    NOS Personna Twin Blade x 10
    Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger
    Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
    Dominican Bay Rum/Thayer's Witch Hazel Mix

I had Yet Another Most "Exquisite Shave "with My Schick Adjustable Twin Blade Combo Today..Dolphin Smooth in every Darn Direction this Side of the River Clyde..The Personna Twin Blade is still very Sharp & Smooth..These are the Personna Twin version of the legendary 74s I reckon..My face is as Cool as Cucumber..:D

Good Gung Fu..:kar:

Jayaruh, Rufus T., Karl G and 6 others like this.
  15. Bird Lives

You and Karl are on to something with these 'H's"......

This is only a preview......Tonight a full review...

Stay tuned.....

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., Karl G and 3 others like this.
  16. Bird Lives

congratulation and welcome to the club......Like Billy said, don't judge anything with these blades but the blades...
    With a proper blade you will find the angle VERY intuitive...Some say they feel like they are cheating using an injector because they are so easy!

You can order the new Schicks at Walgreens for in store delivery...no delivery charge and only takes 2 or 3 days max to come in and they call you to pick them up...Very Easy and great blades....ask a manager, most co-workers don't know they offer that service.....While you're at it, they can order anything from their shaving catolog for you while you are they.....Hows this for enabling?

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., mrchick and 5 others like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Yesterday, I went to my mailbox, saw the envelope and ripped into it right there....I saw a small jewelery ring box and said out loud....f#€k! He sent the wrong thing!
    image.jpg
    Then I opened it, and was shocked....I had forgotten how small these guys are!
    image.jpg
    Look how small this razor is.....But it feels very substancial and well built!
    image.jpg
    So....I go through my usual cleaning regime just to disinfect, because the razor looks like it was never used!
    @Karl G out did himself picking this one out for me...a less than 10 buck buy now, and it looks better than some of the same types I've seen go for over $60... Thanks Karl!

So I work up a great Arko stick (I know how much Karl loves Arko :love055:)lather....and inject a new Long's Drugs/nos Personna Chromium. The blade went right in without any proplems, but I was very careful, because I know some of the cats have had a problem here. The spring is very tight, and it was hard to pull the injector out after loading. I also followed @twhite 's blade loading tutorial, because Karl suggested I do so...and there was no prob...worked like 'butter'.

Then to first pass...I held this as I would have a little electric.
    image.jpg
    Followed Tom's advice...loose grip and the razor was super intuitive and followed all my face's natural curves...First pass resulted in almost DFS. First stroke I started at my side burn and went all the way down to jawline, followed jaw line to chin...Didn't plan on such a long stroke, but I could tell by the sound and feel that it wanted to. And like I said, first pass resulted in a very similar result that my E2 would have...EXCEPT! It was much gentler, and irritation free, but equally as close, BUT smooth, smooth, smooth!

Rinsed and went for an ATG pass....Both passes went very fast...Like this rascal inspires high-speed reckless abandon...You hold this so close to the blade...It's almost like you are holding the blade...lol! Here's the head.
    image.jpg
    2 passes and touch-up and I've never had a better shave....This 'H' type has made a believer out of me!
    I'm thinking the only thing wrong, that Eversharp did with this razor.....Was market it as a "Ladies" razor. They should have just marketed as the World's Greatest Travel-jector and it probably would have been a big success.

There is nothing here that would make me think Ladies' razor, except for it is very attractive...For one thing, it doesn't have a handle. But this was one of the first razors marketed towards ladies. I guess no one knew yet that ladies need a longer handle to make reaching for the ankles easier. I think Eversharp just wanted something different to market without the name Schick on it...And men were so locked into the name Schick, Eversharp figured they would shoot for the ladies' market....Also this razor is aggressive...Every bit as efficient as my E2 or G8, only SMOOTH like my PAL injecto-matic!

No...this razor's forte is face shaving. The very thing that would make this guy bad for shaving legs is what makes it so great for a man's face....the shape....the small box that makes it like holding the blade in your hands...Like Tom said, this is the fastest shaver in my Shave Cave...

Stand-out thoughts: It reminds me of these other designs by Octavious Rodrigues...
    1. Super close like the E2 but Super smooth....maybe the smoothest in my collection...
    2. The spring is similar to the F type...
    image.jpg image.jpg
    3. A great travel razor like the C type....only much smaller...I could pocket this and not know it was there!

Final.....I love it....Yep this was definitely another design from Octavious Rodrigues, and boy did he get everything right....Except the name....

There will be some coming shave-offs.....stay tuned...

More pics:
    image.jpg

For size comparison:
    image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Redfisher, AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

YES

It is one smooth operator is it not? It is surprising how fast you shave with it. I think it is the fact that you can take such long strokes. It just holds the angle with the light touch.

How it pivots around your contours speeds things up too.

@Karl G thanks for turning us on to these bad boys.

Tom

19. Billyfergie

That was some Darn Shave Report..Up there with Type E 2 & PAL Injecto.. @Karl G always said that Right Enough..The Almighty Hussy Shaver..:happy102:

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

HAHAHA

SO that is what the H stand for.

Redfisher, AGHisBBS and Billyfergie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.