Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

While on the subject of cool stuff......

I was continuating my qualifying all my favorite razors.....on my Post H Type Scale.....
    So far my early E2 (the quintessenntial Schick) and Schick Simplified Automatic (coolest razor in my cave) both passed with flying colors. So today it seemed natural to put the Injecto-matic through it's post H qualifying passes...

Long story short....2 passes later.....A fantastic shave....Everything above the jaw line BBS, but there were some pesky whiskers in my trouble zone on my throat.

Thoughts: One stand out characteristic of today's shave.....Comfort!....This PAL is still an amazingly comfortable razor to use....That ole, "did I put a blade in this thing?" feeling, runs strong in this one...

But.....I needed to do a touch-up pass...and I love the act of shaving with this guy so much....I don't want it to fail....

NOW HERE COMES THE COOL PART I PROMISED.....
    There used to be a super denizen named Fuzzy whose handle was @wchnu ....He was a founding father of a board across the street....Well anyway.....he said, whenever he wanted a super close 'finish'....with some razors; he would just splash Witch Hazel on his face and do his touch-up pass with that.....just the WH....

When he said that I thought....:shocked003:
    But from time to time I'll do a little buffing here or there with just a splash of WH....But today, I did a royal splash of Thayers Original Witch Hazel, and did my clean up pass....complete with buffing all those problem areas...
    It really works great with my PAL I-M. And now....well, I've never had a more polished, squeaky clean BBS in my life...

So the PAL now passes the post H type scale with flying colors.....But so does Fuzzy's Witch Hazel Touch Up Pass.......Try It if you haven't and if you have, "Speak up"..... I want to know what you guys think of the Witch Hazel Touch Up.....I think, to quote someone far wisier than I, "It's the Dog's Danglees"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    AGHisBBS, Jayaruh, twhite and 3 others like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Ohhh yeah.....forgot today's shave pics....and victor....
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Redfisher, targa88, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Welcome to the H side of the pool.....I knew as inquisitive as you are, it wouldn't be long....
    Yeah....welcome to the Club and I like your idea......the H-train......all aboard!
    I know thats a tune waiting to happen...

AGHisBBS, twhite, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

04/02/2016
    Gem 1912 Damaskeene
    Gem PTFE (1)
    WDC-8 with Druida Manchurian
    Tiki Cabernet Neroli
    Witch Hazel
    Folsom & Co Capri
    Whipped Shea Butter

[​IMG]

5. Bird Lives

More pics.....More pics!

6. Bird Lives

BTW.....my 1914 winked at me! I opened the medicine cabinet and the light caught it, and it flashed...looked like it winked at me.....Too late today....I already shaved, but I pulled her out, paid her some attention and took another photo....check her bad self out!
    image.jpg
    Don't get me wrong.....I'm not psycho! :happy093:
    I no longer look for a nude beach to take my favorite razors to for a little quality time and an all over tan...
    But then......I no longer live in Florida......

Hey Karl.....when I come down there on vacation...I know you must have some great beaches for spoiling your razors, right?

Redfisher, Herm2502, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Redfisher, Herm2502, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Like this?

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie, twhite and 2 others like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

SOTD Sat. 4/2/16
    Pre Shave Cleanser: Noxzema Classic:love029::love055:
    Pre Shave Oil: Shave Secret:love029::love055:
    Shave Soap: La Toja Shave Stick:love029::love055:
    Shave Brush: Semogue 620 Boar:love029::love055:
    Razor: Schick N1:love029::love055:
    Blade: Schick Twin (2)
    [​IMG]:Animatedfrozensmily:
    [​IMG]

After Shave Balm: Stirling Mita:love029::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Soap: Grandpa's Sandalwood & Shea Soap:love029::love055:
    Cologne: Avant-Garde by Lanvin :love029::love055:

Good morning guys. Wonderfully dolphin smooth shave this morning with the N1. @Redfisher aka Mike and I are interested in knowing the amount of usage we can get from these Schick Twin Blades so I have begun keeping a count on here as of today with today being the second day on this blade. This is both in the interest of science and cost effectiveness as these blades aren't cheap. La Toja is a dreamy shave soap for me which is top tier in performance and everyone should at least try it I think. Today I learned that this injector is marvelous for shaving with your non-dominent hand as the length of the handle is very generous. I learned how to shave with my left hand while using carts and it's something I still do occasionally so as not to lose that muscle memory. Have a great shave and a great Saturday folks. :)
    [​IMG]

10. Bird Lives

Beach Razor Bingo......

11. Bird Lives

Dammys Rule.......And what a lovely Grand Dame you have there Sir....

12. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You have learned well grasshopper.

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160402.JPG
    The Speick Shave Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #51 synthetic brush. Just one pass and a few touch ups with The Bunny V3 injector razor with WILD comb and a Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Speick After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Redfisher, Rufus T., AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Schick E2 (Canadian manufactured)

Redfisher, Karl G, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Really nice shave with the Schick G1 and Chick blade this morning. I've really come to love this little razor. I hope to add in a GEM featherweight to my SE arsenal soon. I have it and but have carbon steel blades, so I'll have to take the blades out and dry them. I may just use the blade once and toss it. But, that's for another day.
    Today's shave was a good one. I hope you all have a good shave too!

SOTD 4-2-16.JPG

AGHisBBS, Redfisher, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  16. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

Gave a Schick E2 a go today. These injectors are ridiculously maneuverable. I found I have to rinse the razor a bit more than with a DE. What a great shave, though. On the second pass, I knew there was no margin for error...BBS. I have no frame of reference, but I also have zero complaints with the Ted Pella blades. They are Feather-sharp. I have fairly sensitive skin and experienced no irritation. If I shaved this razor everyday, I don't believe my skin could take it. That said, it is a great weekend shaver and will be at hand when good enough won't do. Many thanks to all the injector threads I have lurked

AGHisBBS, Redfisher, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes the E2 is an awesome razor. My top 2 or 3 favorite injectors. If you like the E2 find yourself a PAL injecto-matic. Use Chinese Schick (Chick) blades. Be prepared for your best shave ever.

18. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

New shade makes 3.
    Went for an hour drive today to a antique mall. Could not leave emptied handed even though I had 2 other E2's this middle one was a different shade of butterscotch :angelic007:
    Came with case and original blade injector.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Which colour is you favourite ? All E2 Canadian made.

AGHisBBS, Redfisher, Karl G and 9 others like this.
  19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nice! They seem in great shape Rob. Sweet! :happy088:

20. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

Someone is hoarding the Canadian supply of E2s.....

AGHisBBS, Redfisher, Karl G and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.