Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Was that before or after you used the beer tokens? :happy102:

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Now..Come to Think of It..I Cant Remember..:rofl:

Billy..:chores016:

AGHisBBS, mrchick, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  3. kdkelly

kdkelly Well-Known Member

Finally! I found a Type D & a Type F. The Type D looks unused. This fills out my Schick alphabet except for a Type N and I can't justify what they're getting for them. IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG

Redfisher, Hodge, mrchick and 9 others like this.
  4. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Sweet! Congrats

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

5. Billyfergie

:happy096:Lovely Injectors the D & F Types..I love Mine to Bits..:love055:

Karl G, AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Wow!
    I've just picked mine up as well, within the past couple of months. What great shavers!
    Enjoy!

Hodge, AGHisBBS, kdkelly and 3 others like this.
  7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

April 29, 2016

A month with my Schick Type F.
    My three weeks with the F were very successful, as was this last week with the Type G4.
    Both razors shined with the FergieFeather blade. I realized that I had not used that blade when I assessed my Type D, soooo….

Hot Shower
    Razor: Schick Type D
    Blade: The FergieFeather Mod (Feather AC Pro - cut to fit) (1)
    Soap: Route 66 - The Black Pearl
    Brush: Omega 48
    TSD Witch Hazel
    AS: Myrsol Blue

04-29-16.JPG

Two-pass shave - XTG, ATG
    Like most shaves this week I probably didn’t even need the XTG pass and could have gone straight to one ATG pass…but I wanted to test this razor/blade combo.

A fine first pass but it was somewhat different than my usual XTG passes this week. :think002:

The ATG pass revealed the issue fairly quickly with a few nicks and a cut on my mouth corner. The sharpness of the Feather AC Pro that was so smooth on the F and G, clearly reminded me that the cutting angle on the D is different than the F and G. I may not have noticed it as much with other blades while using the D, but this blade clearly accentuates it. :rolleyes005:

From my perspective, the angle on the D is more like the Schick Repeaters (Types A,B,C) than it is the F and G. Some describe the Repeater angle as an angle as close to using a straight razor than with any other safety razor. Once I had the razor head nearly flat on my face, the razor / blade combo smoothed out and I put my styptic pencil away.

I’ll give it another go on my next shave with this reminder fresh in mind. :happy088:

Cheers!
    RT

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Herm2502, AGHisBBS, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  8. Billyfergie

:signs011:Aye..The Type D is Somewhere between the Repeaters & the later Injectors in Terms of Angle..I have Noticed it can Bite or Nick with a Sharp NOS Dutch Danglies Blade..:shocked003:

9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Round two on the C.V. Heljestrand - aka the Nordic Beauty. I'm happy to say the blade supplied by @Billyfergie was smoother and far less tuggy than the one I used yesterday. :chores016:

I knew from the first stroke that it was better. However, I can't say it was a good shave or one I enjoyed. While the tugging was about a fourth or less of yesterday's the whisker reduction still wasn't great. Better than the day before. If I stopped at 3 passes I would have been at where 4 passes took me yesterday. I went for 4 again and got close to a BBS in some places and DFS in a few others. It was still tuggy on the chin and under the chin on the neck. However, as difficult as it was, at least I was able to complete an ATG pass on my upper lip which proved to be impossible yesterday. :happy088:

Not a comfortable shave and the Alum block screamed like it did the day before. Today I picked up a cut and two weepers as well. I attribute those to being a little bolder and less cautious than before. My face eagerly awaited the after shave balm. I don't know how many shaves this is going to take before I reach a point where it is a pleasure but I am not looking forward to the stretch of road between here and there. :sad038:

T$H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shave Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand
    C.V. Heljestrand blade
    Osma Alum Block
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Heljestrand back.JPG Heljestrand front.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

arrrgh, now you tell me!!! :angry032:

:)

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx, twhite and 2 others like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Very nice! They are great shavers.

12. Billyfergie

Well..That's a Number of Honers You have went through So its has to be a Technique thing Karl..I shaved with that Blade and was DFS in One Pass & BBS in Two..These are Heavy Tools & Do Require a Different Technique ..I got the Shave of My Life with that Same Blade..:p

These are in Some Ways like Shaving with a Straight Razor..If the Angle is Wrong they Wont Cut or they will Tug..I know from Experience that One can Have a Perfectly Honed & Sharpened Hollow Ground Blade Whether it be an SE or SR & Not be Able to get a Shave Out of it Due to Technique..;)

I would Suggest Just Going WTG Until You get Used to these Hollow Ground Blades whether it be an SR or an SE until You Figure Them..:angelic007:

13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Great advise for all of us.
    Thank you Billy

Tom

Rufus T., mrchick, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  14. Billyfergie

The Thing with Hollow Ground Blade SEs or SRs is the Blade is Almost Vertical..Not Quite but 2 Spine Width is a Ruff Guide..Now..That has to be Maintained throughout the Shave..No Misses..Or You are well Up a Gum Tree..That takes a Bit of Practice..One must Forget Modern Blade stuff & throw it Out the Window as it doesn't Apply Here..This Guy here Sums it Up Well & Notice the Differnce between a Modern Blade Feather Artist to a Hollow Ground SR..The same is apllicable to a Hollw Ground Blade SE..:)

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, twhite and 2 others like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Well, I probably won't be going for 4 passes anymore. I think pressure is the next variable for me to work with. My sense is the tolerance of the Nordic Beauty for a poor angle is low and my consistency will firm up with practice. But, as I said before, "I don't know how many shaves this is going to take before I reach a point where it is a pleasure but I am not looking forward to the stretch of road between here and there." There is a fine line between stubborn and determined but fortunately I'm adept at both. :D

Rufus T., mrchick, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Todays shave involved 2 razors. My Star 1902 and my Rapide. I chose to use both because I had a crappy old wedge I got with the Star. It was very worn with a curved edge. As it was basically no good the way it was. I decided to see if I could make it shave ready. I busted out some 320 wet dry sand paper and proceeded to get the edge a lot straighter. In the process the chipped edge got a bit smaller. After about 45 minutes on the 320 i moved on to the lapping film. 12,9,5,3&1. I then proceeds to strop it on my Allego with the K11 attachment for wedge blades. I gave it 40 laps.

I then wanted to see if it would fit my Rapide. The blade has too much removed and will not go all the way forward. Oh well it fit the Star, so i decided I will use both today. The Star with my honed Comet blade. The rapid with a Rapide blade honed by @spidey9 . I also gave it 40 laps on the Allegro. It was the third shave with the Rapide blade.

I decided to do the first pass with the Star as I know the Rapide cuts great. I made a nice slick lather that was not too thick. I made my first stoke on the Star and the blade felt surprisingly smooth. So I proceeded to finish the first pass. The shave was nice and smooth, no nicks or weepers. Yippee my first successful wedge honing.

I rinsed my face and felt around. I got about the same results as a Gem SE blade. This means it was a mild shave. I find the 1902 to be very mild. That did not change much with a wedge. So I broke out my Rapide to do the 2 final passes. Man this blade got really smooth today. It destroyed the rest of my whiskers. I did get a small nick on my adams apple. Unpuffed at the wrong time. Anyhow got a SFS to BBS shave.

Enjoy your weekend.

Tom
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., mrchick and 4 others like this.
  17. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Late to the party again but here is this morning's (Friday) shave:

Ernst Scharff Rapide
    C. V. Heljestrand wedge blade (2)
    Plisson synthetic brush
    Chiseled Face Groomatorium Sherlock soap & aftershave

I stayed up late Wednesday night honing this blade and have been using it in this Rapide the last two days. I've enjoyed a couple of really close shaves, with a tiny bit of irritation due to mental lapses on my part. Great shaves nonetheless.

--Bob

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., mrchick and 6 others like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I love both of mine. Two of the best shavers in my den. I wish I had cases for mine......im jealous.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

4/30/16

[​IMG]

Great shave with the Gem this morning. Really a smooth and efficient razor.

AGHisBBS, Rufus T., mrchick and 9 others like this.
  20. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

uploadfromtaptalk1462045615947.jpg twhite, I found a Pal Injectomatic in the wild today. It appears to be NOS with the red blade insert still in the spring. It is complete with directions and a Pal blade dispenser with blades. I can't wait to give it a go based on your recommendation. Picking it up for $10 makes it all the better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hodge, AGHisBBS, Rufus T. and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.