Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Digital works for me. Thank you!

2. tntsl

tntsl Active Member

I can't tell from the pictures whether or not it is Canadian. I'll check and post pics when it arrives.

3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

No pictures of tonights shave. I used the Bunny V3 Wild comb and a new Chick blade. Lathered up my Tabac and went to town. I had a DFS after 2 passes. So the third pass my face was pretty slick feeling. I just did a real light brush stroke to add the tiniest bit of lather. I could easily see my skin thru the lather thin.

Anyhow did my last pass ATG with really short strokes and the feather touch. I finished with one of those shaves that you will remember for a while. BBS for sure, I fear I might not have enough to shave tomorrow night now:)

Enjoy your week

Tom

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

SOTD Tue. 5/31/16
    Prep: Noxzema Classic :love029: :love055:
    PSO: DG Vitamin E :love029: :love055:
    SS: La Toja Shave Stick :love029: :love055:
    SB: VDH Badger :love029: :love055:
    Razor: GEM G-Bar :love029: :love055:
    Blade: GEM
    ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill :love029: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Pine Tar :love029: :love055:
    Cologne: 1-12 by Halston :love029: :love055:
    [​IMG]

Good morning friends. Easy three pass shave today with the G-Bar, very efficient razor. La Toja produced wonderful protective, slick lather and it all came together for a dolphin smooth finish. This was a new GEM blade and it's been my experience that these don't feel as smooth on the first day as they do on the second or third. Glacial Lemon Chill balm iced the finish and I'm off. Have a great day folks. :smile :):
    [​IMG]

5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

All Type E 2s have a Smooth Comb..Some were just smoother than others...Some of them had a thicker gold plating and it can look Streaky...Alan Appleby refers to it as Irregular Striations...In other words..Streaky Gold Plating..It was never Intentional..:D

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Roby, I'm glad to hear that you're liking the G bar. They're great razors and cool looking too!

7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

They are a blast and you're right they are very :signs021:!

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD May 31, 2016

[​IMG]
    Prep: Warm shower
    Blade: Pella injector (courtesy of @Herm2502)
    Razor: Schick G1 Injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: VDH Luxury
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Skin Bracer, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Well, I can say that Pella blades are not as smooth or near as comfortable at Chick blades! This was my inaugural run with a Pella blade. It started off okay but then started to feel tuggy. It was really inefficient on my neck. I had almost 2 days of beard growth and from experience a Chick blade with the G1 would mow all of that down quite easily. The Pella blade struggled. So I did one pass with touch-ups on the jaw and neck and called it a day. Decent shave but nowhere near the capabilities of the G1 with a Chick.

The VDH lathered up beautifully again. Skin Bracer added a nice scent and light menthol touch after the witch hazel splash. Finished off with Nivea balm, as always.

Have a great day!

SOTD 5-31-16.JPG

9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad blade. I'd suggest trying another to see if the experience changes. Mileage does vary but a normal Personna shouldn't be tuggy. :rolleyes005: In fact, most people find them to be sharper than the Schicks and they can amp up the shave with a G type. :happy088:

10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Just downloaded the entire CD...
    You sure got some big-time staccato chops Trumpet Man!
    You musta come "From da Moon!"
    :cool:

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Karl. I'll switch out the blade tonight and try a new one for tomorrow's shave. It really wasn't very comfortable.

12. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My E2 has a textured finish all over the metal parts. I don't think it's an accident or poor plating, I think it was intentional. It's perfect and even.

13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I was thinking you were talking about the handle. Are you referring to the head or to the comb? @Billyfergie described the comb variation but there are some Schicks whose heads are textured - kind of pebbled or crinkly looking. :)

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Still riding that Wedge train. :transport022: Same set up as a couple of days ago. Same result - really close, smooth result although I did manage to produce a nick today. Maybe because I refreshed the blade? :signs002: More likely as I was experimenting more with the angle. I find I tend to keep the angle too close and I get a smoother stroke when I increase the angle a bit.

I also kept the Sterling Soap Glacial Lemon Chill. Maybe it'll grow on me. I liked it a bit more today than last time. :happy088:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Sterling Soap Glacial Lemon Chill
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand
    C.V. Heljestrand 9 (1)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Heljestrand AOS SSLC TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

15. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Sure..Thats Correct..But the Comb is being asked about here..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights Bunny night.
    [​IMG]
    Razor: BunnyV3 WILD comb
    Blade: Chick (2)
    Brush: JR#57
    Soap: Hadlinger Sandalwood
    AS: Old Spice

Had a fantastic 3 pass shave no touchup. The Bunny really likes to have a feather like touch. Almost to the point you think it is not touching. Then it just glides thru the hair.

I finish with the Osma block and there is Zero irritation. Great finish with some OS AS. What a way to wind down a day. Now off to make a Martini.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. tntsl

tntsl Active Member

Yes, the head of the razor. That pebbled look.

18. tntsl

tntsl Active Member

Yes - the razor I have on the way has the textured finish all over all the metal parts. The plating looks good so I think the roughness is in the base metal. Like the base metal was really rough from the start.

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I believe they just used textured sheet stock when they stamped them out.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    MyBunny10s.JPG
    My Bunny arrived today. I will start shaving with it for my next rotation, this Friday. I will also be using my JR#70 silvertip brush. As soon as I run out of TOBS Lavender, I will be using TSD Lanolin Lime Ice Shaving Soap.
    MyBunny12.JPG

Hodge, Douglas Carey, Karl G and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.