Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I would join in; however, I already used a DE today and have a yearly appointment on Wednesday with a T2 Super Adjustable. Maybe the rest of the week....

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Sounds like a plan....Whenever anyone shaves with a SE or injector this week...post it along with Steve's here aswell as SoS....OK?

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

How about if I only shave with one side of my D/E? :D

4. Bird Lives

Thats what I was thinking about my shave today...It was with my '52 Super-Speed and thats got a SE in fact it's got two of em....LOL

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

125,000 comedians out of work...

;)

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

See, you shaved with 2 S/E's today! :D

Ok, ok.... Just to make Steve happy on his Birthday!

Here was my shave today:
    [​IMG]

7. swarden43

Very nice, Bill. :happy088:happy088

8. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I shaved with my Gem G-bar and a Ted Pella blade today. The G-bar is of moderate aggressiveness as far as SE's go. It is amazing how great they all look, much younger than their 70 years-all without botox, liposuction, or even makeup! There's an Art Deco look to it's lines. Here's kinky picture of mine:

[​IMG]

9. blugill

blugill New Member

Nice one Danny ! I believe I've got one of those coming in that lot of ten that is headed my way, I should have pics of them later this week ! I'm lovin these SE's

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Tuesday, May 10th:

Razor: Gem G-bar
    Blade: Ted Pella day 1
    Cream: C.O. Bigelow
    Brush: ER 200 with TGN knot

I agree with Danny, this is a middle aggressiveness SE. It is also one of my favorites. I love my G-bar shaves.

11. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

In the normal course of events I'm more likely than not to use injectors for a week straight, or more. Right now I'm alternating back and forth between my type O and E1. When I'm not using an injector, it will usually be an SE. I plan to use my open comb Micromatic sometime fairly soon, haven't used it for a while. Maybe this weekend.

12. Bird Lives

I missed the 1st day....as I said, I had just finished 7 consecutive Schick shaves, and then one Super Speed(which was 'great' BTW), which happened to be Mon. of this unofficial week of SE's and Injectors...But hey...I'm with you guys, I got a great enough Injector shave today to make up for missing yesterday...LOL

Today:
    Razor: 1954-58 Eversharp Schick E2
    Blade: Long's/Personna (Day1)
    Cream: Arko Shave Stick
    Brush: Omega 10029

As great as this Schick's been doing I might want to do a decade or two of consecutive shaves...LOL

13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Late Joiner

Hey everyone!

There was a time when I thought my Muhle R106 was the be all and end all of razors, then I bought and tried a Valet. I have to say the feel of the blade on my face won me over.

Last night I shaved with my newly cleaned Rolls Razor. It was a shave test to see if the blade was sharp enough. I got through the first pass but finished with my Rocket because it was too dull. Here's a pic of the Rolls, it is the Viscount Model. Here's hoping it is sharper tonight (honed it like mad last night).

BTW I was using MWF, my SOC brush, Proraso Preshave (white), and put on my Proraso ASB (white) because of the irritation.

Attached Files:

14. swarden43

Sunday - Gem Push Button
    Monday - Gem MM OC
    Tuesday - Gem Jr. with the big, fat, black, bakelite handle

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Used the Personna Floating Head Injector again today.

[​IMG]

16. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Interesting, I occasionally use the Paul Revere around the nose area for a second pass after shaving with the Futur or Wilkinson Sticky the past couple of weeks.

Tuesday
    Razor: Wilkinson Sticky/Paul Revere
    Blade: Shark/EMS (Ted Pella?)
    Soap: DRHarris Lavendar
    Brush: Simpson's Douglas 57
    AS: Provance Sante

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Wednesday From Florida!

I used the Schick Type F today. The Type F is probably the most simply constructed of the injectors and one of the harder types to find too. Schick took a piece of aluminum and riveted a piece of brass on top of the handle and put an "L" shape bend in it. That is it. that is the "spring" that holds the blade down, unlike other types that have the curled or flattish spring underneath.

How does it shave? It shaves okay. It is not remarkably different than most injector shaves, it is less aggressive than the G though. It is harder to find than some of the other injectors for some reason. Maybe it is because the "spring" action is not as robust as other designs and after a period of time the blade would not stay in?

If you have not seen it, here is a great page for injector info.

Have a great day Ya'll!

Attached Files:

18. Dslazar9

How's the face holding up Steve? I know you've avoided more than weekend SE because it was an issue. Is your technique better or are you just biting the bullet?

19. swarden43

Sunday - Gem Push Button
    Monday - Gem MM OC
    Tuesday - Gem Jr. with the big, fat, black, bakelite handle
    Wednesday - Gem MM Clog Pruf

Thanks for asking, Danny. Actually I'm a bit surprised. I'm holding up far better than what I thought I would. It's gotta be better technique. Just a matter of keeping in mind, "NO PRESSURE." I'm quite pleased with the results.

This Saturday I hope to get a pic of all the razors I've used this week, and share a few thoughts on each.

20. Dslazar9

Happy to hear it! I look forward to seeing your thoughts and pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.