Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah..You & Me Good Auld Self are the Only 2 Folks that I Have Spoken to with One of them..Never Mind them Both..:kngt:

Billy..:chores016:

2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

My First run with my Schick Adjustable.
    BBS SHAVE.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteboy_cannon, RyX, ob1page and 7 others like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok Rob, rub it in:D
    You have some beautiful rare beasts.
    Have you done a side by side shave with them?

Tom

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

[​IMG]

Tonight I decided to see if I could get an old ER blade to shave. The blade had seen its better days for sure. Very uncomfortable shave, if you could call it that. So out came my lapping film and a home made blade strop handle. I started with 5 micron and gave it 20 laps to try and even out the bevel. My sport handle s not perfectly straight. This causes the blade to have a slightly smaller bevel on one edge of each side. As the blade was toast, I concentrated on getting a good clean edge. I then moved over on to 3 and 1 micron. Giving each of those maybe 30 laps each. I concentrated on keeping the blade even across the film, while applying no pressure.

Then I moved on to the strops. First 10 very light laps with the CO strop. Then on to the unpasted strop for 100 super light pressure laps. The blade came out very well polished.

I loaded the blade into my British 1912 ER. Lathered up some nice slick soap and went to town. Man does this razor sing, it is by far my loudest razor. I think the old blades add to the volume. Much to my surprise it cut pretty good. I had no tugging on 3 days growth. I was even able to go ATG on my third pass. I rinsed off and used the Alum block. no sting anywhere. I finished with a DFS.

I count my first try at honing an old SE blade a full success. I know they were not intended to be honed, only stropped to keep shave ready. Heck as we can no longer get the blades on the cheap. I now know that with some more time on the lapping film and getting a good stropping handle I will be able to maintain my blades for a longer period of time. I also find it very relaxing sitting and sharpening blades. I get into a nice place.

Tom

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Guess you do....they are a marrige made in Shave Heaven...:sexe:

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Very Good....Congratulations....This is very hip to hear....So if the shaveacolypse ever hits, we don't have to grow beards...lol! I can dig what you are saying about honing putting you in a good place....sort of like meditating....only when you finish...you're relaxed, more in touch with yourself AND you have a great blade shave ready aswell....Very Hip indeed Sir!

whiteboy_cannon, RyX, twhite and 4 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Yeah @Red Rider .......lets see some serious shave offs...with pics....I remember the Friday Night Fights when I was growing up....We could resurrect that idea...and have a regular Friday Night Shave Off...only instead of being presented by lame Gillette...this series could be all about Injectors and GEMs and ERs.....I think the E1 would be a great razor to start the Series with....

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpeg

August 29 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    MWF
    Gem Junior Bar
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    The Veg

9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:happy096:

Billyfergie, Robyflexx and twhite like this.
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the idea. Not yet back to back but will give that a go soon. I lucked out finding these. Right time and place. I'd mention your rare Bunny razor but you would respond with "tradzies". Don't want to give off false vibe.

11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sure pick on me, Billy has the same "rare beasts" pick on him . He started it.
    Shave off ?

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Billy has those dammed Scottish Ninjas on his side. We dare not pick on him too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Aye..The Scottish Ninja Birds are Mental an All..:rofl:

whiteboy_cannon, RyX, twhite and 3 others like this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wow! She's gorgeous! Daydream.gif

twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  15. Billyfergie

Yeah..My Ex Missus Looked like Her..Darn Gorgeous to Look at..But She was Mental..Best thing She Ever Done was to Mental Herself Out the Darn Door & Gee Me some Darn Peace.. :happy097:

whiteboy_cannon, RyX, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Hilarious Billy! :happy097:

ob1page, twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  17. Ever-Ready 1914
    Gem stainless blade
    D.R. Harris Marlborough soap
    Witch Hazel

New-to-me 1914 razor. The rest are known quantities that always perform. It seems weird to describe shaving as fun, but there you go.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  18. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

Don't worry - you'll get used to it. :happy088:

whiteboy_cannon, RyX, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  19. Robyflexx

Mon. 8/29/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A truly wonderful shave this morning with the PAL Adj.. Easy, slick, rich, sweet smellinglather from the Route 66 Lumberjack shave soap. Three silky passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Loving life people!
    [​IMG]

20. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Monday Shave
    [​IMG]
    Brush- AOS Fine Badger
    Razor- Schick Adjustable/PAL Adjustable
    Blade- Chinese Schick/Chinese Schick
    Soap- Palmolive
    Post Care- Crystal Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Bombed Aqua Velva

First try with the Palmolive and I'm kicking myself for not using it sooner. @Robyflexx was right, this is a fantastic cream. The scent was pleasant, it lathered easily and was plenty slick. This is going into the rotation. This was my final shave with the Schick adjustable, @RyX is the lucky guy to try it next. I used it in my right side and the PAL on the left. I got a great shave from both but with a single blade, the PAL just shaves better. I am dolphin smooth but there was some alum feedback from the Schick side, nothing from the PAL. I finished up with a wonderful Osage Rub/Aqua Velva combo. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.