Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Suffered through another day with the Personna floating head injector. :)

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Thursday: 1910 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sunday - Gem Push Button
    Monday - Gem MM OC
    Tuesday - Gem Jr. with the big, fat, black, bakelite handle
    Wednesday - Gem MM Clog Pruf
    Thursday - Ever Ready 1912

A bit rough today. Never have been a big fan of the 1912 style head.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Schick Grip (Type-L) for me today. I like the shave I get from the Type-L better than any of the other injector razors I have.

5. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I've been switching back and forth between these razors since Sunday, Schick types O and E1. Since Tuesday, I've been testing the item in the center, a Turkish horsehair brush.

[​IMG]

6. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Overslept and needed to shave extremely quickly today-Schick Injector Adjustable to the rescue! Shower/Shave in 12 min! This razor even cranked up to 8 is gentle enough to have a lightening fast shave. It was smooth, DFS smooth, w/out cuts or nicks. The only issue I have with Schick Injectors is the angle, it's a bit tricky for me. The DE razors all have very similar sweet spots, the SE razors have obvious sweet spots, but the injectors need some tinkering-this is just my experience and I've never heard others say the same. I'm sure if I used them daily it would become second nature, but I do not use them very often.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Friday: Rapide with Pella blade

The rapide can give an excellent shave, but today things were just plain off. I couldn't get the right angle, the blade felt dull despite only being on the third day...

I don't know.. but it was the worst shave I have had with that combo. Oh well...

8. swarden43

Sunday - Gem Push Button
    Monday - Gem MM OC
    Tuesday - Gem Jr. with the big, fat, black, bakelite handle
    Wednesday - Gem MM Clog Pruf
    Thursday - Ever Ready 1912
    Friday - Gem Jr. Lather Catcher

Thus ends my week of SEs. Tomorrow being Saturday will still be an SE, but of the cut throat variety.

It's been a great week. I was surprised I didn't get the burn I used to get many moons ago - technique is everything.

I'll try to get a pic or two of the razors I used up tomorrow.

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I ran with the PAL today. It is a nice shaver for me. The flat handle takes a little getting use to but overall it delivers a great shave.

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Gem featherweight today... I had never used this cheap feeling hunk of plastic and aluminum. It has been sitting in my SE collection for maybe over a year.

It shaved well enough, but the Pella blade must have died on me...

huh? :eek:

Last week I had injector blades that were bad.. this week a Pella that really only gave two good shaves? :eek:

I knew the Rapide shave was bad yesterday, but I assumed it was angles and just not being used to the heavier razor. Now another lower quality SE shave. huh....

Oh well.. so ends this week.

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

WOW Dogg...thats a drag for the week to go out on a sour note...But hopefully next week will start off ripping...:)

Last night realizing that I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get ready and drive across town to teach...and knowing my lack of total-consciousness early in the morning...I opted to have a slow shave before bed and enjoy every minute, rather than a rushed shave that I would forget I even did, in the morn...Well the late-night shave was fantastic, my Schick Hydro-Magic just caressed my face and I felt great all-the-way till I fell asleep...

When I woke up, first thing I wanted was a shower and a shave...so I did two effortless passes with my Schick I2, and enjoyed every minute again...and the results were like a BBS on steroids...LOL...Changed an early morning slave...into a most enjoyable experiance...:D

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Eh... it happens.. When you use a razor you aren't quite familiar with followed by one you have never used, you can't expect perfect shaves. But that was part of the idea of using a different SE each day, I stepped out of my normal zone and just didn't use the same 2 SE razors that I use 90% of the time that I shave SE. Those shaves btw were excellent!

Yeah.. I suppose if I did a long slow shave at night before gong to bed, the morning shave would be nice and sweet as well. :D

13. swarden43

Definite bummer.

And we know you mean that in a good way :D

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:eek:....Man, I just realized there was another way to take it....:happy102:happy102
    Oh yeah....diffenately "In A Good Way"...:D

15. blugill

blugill New Member

Attached Files:

16. NoahG

NoahG Member

Those are pretty sweet. I'll be joining the party tomorrow or Monday with a Schick adjustable. Today, I'll be shaving with the original single edge, a Str8.

17. themba

themba Member

Now those are the real deal! I prefer the original AutoStrops. You should be able to use a modified SE blade or a Valet blade with those.

18. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

For my Sunday I used a GEM 1912 (travel model I think). I have good results with this razor. To me it seems a tad more agressive than the GEM Jr. Yesterday I used a OCMM. That razor is probably one of the closest shavers I have. You have to pay attention when driving that one.

I finally made it here Lloyd, Alan

19. NoahG

NoahG Member

First shave eith the Schick Adjustable down, and I gotta say it felt like cheating! :D My face was still tender from yesterday's second attempt at a Str8 shave, but I still found myself dialing up with each pass, starting at 3 and finishing on 8 for an oil pass. My DE's still seem to give a closer shave, but I've had more experience with them as well. I can definitely see this as becoming my "Oh crap I'm running late" shaver of choice. I also got a Gem single edge in yesterday that I'm sanitizing right now, nothing fancy, just the whatever their last model plastic and stainless one was. I'll be trying it out later in the week with an after work shave, most likely.

20. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Looking back through my old posts, I see that I last tried out some of my DE razors at the end of March and beginning of April. It's been all injectors and SEs since April 6th. Those DE interludes do come up from time to time, just so I won't think that the razors are going to waste. Almost all of my shaves are with SE or injectors, though.

I still have seven DE razors in the collection that I haven't gotten around to trying yet. Before the end of this year, no doubt. All of the SEs and injectors have been used, though.

Those easy to use injectors don't feel like cheating to me. It's all about end results. Difficulty is not a good thing unless it leads to a better shave.

A straight is not out of the question, but, well, we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.