Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today's Shave: Saturday October 22, 2016

Asylum Rx
    Kai Titan Mild blade (4)
    The Grooming Co. synthetic brush
    Valobra Fougere soap
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave

Shave #5 with the Asylum Rx, and the trend continues, as this shave was better than the previous 4. A really smooth close shave; perhaps even a candidate for . . . best . . . shave . . . ever. Maybe. This is the first shave I've had with this razor that is completely free of weepers and/or irritation. I don't know if this is a result of the blade settling in or my skills with this razor improving . . . maybe a bit of both. The razor easily stands upright on the handle, illustrating its excellent balance, not to mention making for great photos. :happy088:

--Bob

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is cool to see how well it is working out for you. Lord knows, it is a sexy razor. Keep those pics coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

IMG_20161022_114830.jpg
    Single Edge Saturday.

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

5. PickledNorthern

Too funny.

Douglas Carey, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It keeps looking at you, because it wants you to mail it to it's Uncle Bird in the Pacific NW, where it will be given the affection and shave time it deserves.....:happy108:

Douglas Carey, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Ohhh maaaaan, too funny! But I can't imagine any of our family wanting to part with........WAIT A MINUTE!!!
    Yep....there were a couple cats around here who weren't too fond of this lovely lady....hmmm
    Nah! Our guys would wait and see how her charms may affect them at or on a later date...another time....another place....I think....

OK....the curiousity is killing my cat......Who is it ?....Fess up!
    But of course, you have our full support, if its too late for an intervention, then we support you in your efforts to move on.....but you should get more bread for a fine "piece" like this...

8. Bird Lives

Nice centerfold 'fold out'.....very enticing.....is it getting Hot in here, or is it just me?

9. Bird Lives

Nice pictorial for a very underated razor , JR.....Very nice....I've always had a special soft spot for the Feather Weight GEM....GEM certainly got it all "right" with this one...I can see why Mickey Mantle was so taken with it....I've always gotten grand shaves with mine....Reminds me of my favorite injectors....Thats it! A classic single-edge that shaves like an injector...and a very good injector at that!

Well Mickey dug the Feather Weight because thats the razor that got him to first base with the chicks.....don't believe me? Here's the evidence:
    image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Two firsts Got this E2 recently with no blade loaded. So loaded a dummy, and then replaced it with a "Dutch Danglie". So my first use of this Razor and first use of this fabled blade.

Now I understand why Folk talk up the E2, with a blade such as this it really performs. Actually felt as though taking out whiskers below skin level. Recently dispensed with Alum Rub, a mistake today as the After Shave
    stung a bit.

IMG_0940.jpg

11. Bird Lives

Man....I've done so many shave-offs between those two....The only thing I can say unequivocally, is that these are two of the best razor designs ever! I think the '14 has more feedback through the handle maybe....But the '24 uses that box head like a reverb unit so you can hear each whisker getting cut...The '14 vibrates with the feel of whiskers getting whacked and the '24 kind of rolls along smoothly like a cadillac mowing down everything in it's path...

Ever Ready was shooting for shaving perfection with these two....And I believe they nailed it!
    It's funny, the '24's design was actually finished before the 14's....man, that 24's design was finished in 1909...it is so far ahead of it's time...I think thats why they made the '14 their flagship razor first...It still had that lather catcher thing happening...and maybe they figured the shovelhead was too modern...There were a few 1909 shovelheads...but they didn't really market that design til after WWI...A Jazz Age razor if there ever was one!

Here, I have to show my 1909 shovelhead...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 10/23/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marvelous shave with the PAL Injecto-Matic this morning. Excellent lather from the Proraso and this behemoth Omega 48 brush. Three easy refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :cool:

13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Wait, did I just see that 1909 looking at me? :happy102:

14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097: You're a funny guy Karl!

Douglas Carey, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  15. Bird Lives

:happy097::happy102:

:rolleyes005: I Don't Think So! Roby's right....You are a funny guy...:happy096:
    I know.....I know....I was itching.......:lam:

16. Bird Lives

:happy102:
    This thing is killing me....when that chick calls Mickey Mantle 'Porcupine'......I'm rolling on the floor ovah heeyah! Genius in advertising....

17. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Only at the shave den have I seen this kind of knowledge and experice level. You guys are amazing. Thanks for the ad. Is there any difference between the gold plated?

18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Eversharp Hydro-Magic
    Personna Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Lemon Sugar & Frankincense & Myrrh Soap
    Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman AS

IMG_0824.jpg

19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

For my penultimate Bunny shave she goes against a Feather equipped PAL Injectomatic (I had trouble loading the PAL Adjustable) equipped with Wild comb. I can't say yet which delivers the closer shave as they're both so stupid good and close shavers. I prefer the Bunny's feedback but it's hard to knock the smoothness of the PAL.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

George X, MPF9, Douglas Carey and 7 others like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

PAL adjustable tonight, and it gave a great shave. Stirling Hot Apple Cider is one of my favorite soaps for a shave on a chilly night before bed. Hope everyone has a good week.

George X, MPF9, Douglas Carey and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.