Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The loose grip is an easy fix. Just place the top of the head flat against a hard surface and push down. The spring will bend to be tighter and the grip will be good. :happy088:

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yep. Tomorrow is another day.

3. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I got my Schicks (Types L, M, and N) in the mail today!

[​IMG]

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

You got a Schick N1! Drop a twin in that and go to town! ......:transport022: :happy036:

5. danbuter

I have some regular Schick blades in the mail. Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. While I'd love to buy the twin blades, they are crazy expensive.

6. Robyflexx

Yeah they are and worth every penny. Folks who don't spring for them will never know what some of these injectors are truly capable of. This goes double for that N1. :happy088:

Billyfergie, danbuter, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I feel the same way. I bought one pack to treat myself, and put them into my L and M. I figure if I just use them in a rotation, that pack should last me a couple of years. Maybe by then I will decide to spring for another one.

8. Robyflexx

Fri. 12/9/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent shave with the PAL Injecto-Matic this morning. Wonderful lather from La Toja shave stick. Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Enjoy your day friends. :)

jimjo1031, Karl G, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Nice setup and picture Roby. Off to the gym are we ? :)
    Have a good Friday.:happy088:

10. Robyflexx

Thank you Doug, I sure am buddy. Enjoy your day. :)

11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:signs011:Och Aye..The Noo..:rah:

Billy..:chores016:

12. Robyflexx

:)

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD December 9, 2016

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick G1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Fine American Blend aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Back to the G1 after over a week with the I1. The G was mighty comfortable. It's always smooth and efficient. I think it's still a little ahead of the I1 as far as personal favorability, but they're both terrific razors. Nice, simple, efficient shave with Mitchell's Wool Fat today. The Fat is always a treat to use.

Have a great day!

SOTD 12-9-16.JPG

14. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Roby! I love La Toja! You've inspired me to get my Stick out this weekend.

15. Robyflexx

Thank you Jim. La Toja is dreamy! :love055:

16. PickledNorthern

Roby inspired me to try it too. It IS great stuff, except my son took it.

17. Robyflexx

Order another Jared, it's so worth it! :happy088:

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Chaos reigned this morning. First having tightened up the head a little on the C1 started out with that and it wasn't good. Very rough and inefficient, I'm thinking/hoping blade edge was damaged (the loading mechanism seems stuck so I'm hand loading.). Out. A pass each using my new Single Ring and Goodwill matched with a couple of pristine looking vintage blades I tried to touch up before use. Not full Billyfergie but in that spirit. The 1949 Blue wasn't bad. Pretty good actually. The 1918 Gillette blade was usable but rough. Coming to my senses (temporarily no doubt) I finished the beard with the '66 Krona/Permasharp, did a pass on the noggin with the same before a cue ball finish with the Injectomatic. What a mess. I'm blaming Supply Provision :) [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  19. PickledNorthern

Some awesome toys to play with, tho. Your Supply arriving tomorrow? My says hopefully so, but tracking hasn't updated since it left Texas.

Douglas Carey, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  20. danbuter

Schick Injector Type N
    Schick blade
    Maggards 22mm black synthetic brush
    Tabac soap
    Skin Bracer aftershave

I've never used an injector before, but this was a great shave. Two passes and no nicks or irritation. I'm pretty impressed with this razor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.