Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great story....This is one of the great things about this hobby....a razor can really renew our bonds with those we love...There should be some people along soon who can show some light on the using those auto-strops with todays blades.....I know plenty do and get great shaves....

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is what we call a keeper! Great narrative on your father and his good friend.

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Yeah, but it was a Personna razor I was trying to load when the &^$%@#* piece of %(&$ Personna dispenser broke!

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I can just hear the design engineer saying, "Ehh, making the loaders plastic will save money and any degradation in performance will be negligible!"
    Yeah, right, sure it will be negligible! :angry032:

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It probably wasn't the design engineer, but the business office saying "You've got to knock 3 cents off the production costs for these blades!"

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is known as the "Chain of Quality Reduction" and it is amazing how it is a recurring theme!

7. Bird Lives

The "Chain of Quality Reduction"....I dig that phrase...pretty much nails it....and thats probably the recurring theme that has helped create today's present atmosphere which is responsible for bringing all of us together here.....an example of the good that can come in the face of adversity....;)
    But still....dang that '&^$%@#* piece of %(&$ Personna !#$%^% dispenser....:angry021:

But I still dig those blades....:)

GDCarrington and HoosierTrooper like this.
  8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I know you do, that's part of the fun I have busting on the lousy dispensers. I really like the older platinum chrome blades a lot more than the current PTFE coated ones.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

6 shaves now with this razor and a Pella PTFE blade. The shaves are getting much better, but still not as close as a DE. I've got it down to the point that I don't feel much tugging and the weepers are nearly non exisitent, but I just can't get as close as I'd like. One more shave with this combo, I think, then it's back to DE. I'll save the blade and try it out in my VB1 in a week or so.

10. Bird Lives

Funny...I can never get as close a shave with any of my DE's as I can with my Schick I2 Hydro-magic....
    I think razorx was spot on when; during a conversation about razor design; he said that he thought the Schick H-M was about as close as you can get to catching lightning in a bottle...

Leo K. likes this.
  11. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

My experience too with the E2, G1 and Hydro-magic, very close shaves in less passes!

MoAllen and Bird Lives like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Yeah...I think it's not even a point of contention that the good Col. Schick was a genius....and I for one do believe he invented a better 'mouse-trap'...:D......and I'm also a BIG fan of what Eversharp did when they flexed their design muscles in 1955 and came up with the I Type and the Hydro-magic mechanism....boy did they understand the Col's vision or what...;)

feeltheburn and MoAllen like this.
  13. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I wonder about the history of the PAL Injectomatic injector, I used it this morning and had a wonderful close smooth shave. The grooved lines in the metal of the head make for a very smooth and comfortable shave.

14. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Man, I don't know how it happens but this morning I realized I hadn't used my Hydro-magic in a while. I loaded a new Personna blade in it and had one of the best shaves I've had in a while. It's almost 5 pm here - that's about 11 hours since I shaved and I'm still pretty darn smooth. Just a hint of stubble forming on my chin. And it was probably the most comfortable shave I've had in a while too. This week is going to be all HM all the time :).

Bird Lives and Leo K. like this.
  15. Bird Lives

Let us know how the week progresses.....Sounds like a good plan, I might follow suit...;)

16. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I just have to say... I love my Hydro-magic. I've been doing open comb week with a long-combed New the past 5 days and went through 2 Feather blades with it. This morning, my New was bladeless and I had some time so I thought I'd give my straight another try. I'm still working on getting the hang of those things and not too successfully. After about 20 minutes of that I decided to just finish up with my H-M because it was handy. The blade in it probably had 6 or 7 shaves on it and I considered changing it but figured I'd just see how it felt. Buttery smooth and BBS almost everywhere at the end with no irritation.

Not sure what it is about that razor and the Personna Platinum-Chrome blades. I can get good shaves with a DE but the H-M gives me a really close, comfortable shave that lasts at least a few hours longer. DE blades also tend to give me irritation after a few shaves - before they really start to tug. Not the H-M. They feel sharp and smooth for a long time and I just change blades when they aren't cutting as well as I'd like. I need to get some Schick blades to try since lots of guys like them even better but I have a hard time believing anything could be any better than what I'm getting now.

That was a really long-winded way of saying I love my Hydro-magic but I just do.

Bird Lives and Leo K. like this.
  17. Bird Lives

I'm with ya buddy....And I believe most people that give the H-M a fair shot love them....It was a great all-round design...Sounds to me like your blades are working great for you....If it ain't broke....Don't fix it....lol

18. Bird Lives

Those older Platinum Chrome blades set the bar so high, no one has passed it yet....except; if you don't mind modern blades; those 74's ....lol...now there's a real 'Space Age' state of the art blade....and thats no joke...but I do think the Schick Plat Plus's are the standart...

19. Bird Lives

BTW......Whats going on around here....If no one's gotten a fantastic single edge shave, or razor to rave about since the beginning of October that is a CRYING SHAME......LOL

Come on guys...lets keep this party going!!!! SE razors and including Injectors are some of the best parts of this whole TWSing thing....and for some of us, they are the best part....If you got em, flaunt em, if you have questions about them, ask em...if you're just curious, hang, see what interests you and cop and try....There is such a serious history of great shaves around these guys...Those WWI soldiers were carrying some of the best shavers ever designed....

My comps been down...still is, I'm borrowing this comp right now.....Man, I have to say....My Schick Hydro-magic always gave me better easier shaves on a regular basis than any razor I had before Hoosier Trooper turned me on to my ER 1912 and Open Comb Micromatic...

Now my go-to is pretty much my 1912...best shaves ever for me....Seriously, it equals the BBS quality shaves I was getting with my Shavette but it is so easy and user friendly and has so much style....The OCMM gives the closest 1 pass shave I've ever seen, easily matching and exceeding my 'Shavettes'...

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a package from my friend 'alan'. In it I know there is a ER 1914 Little Lather Catcher, ER1924 Shovelhead (sorry Tom), a Clog-Pruf, and an early model Damaskeene, aswell as a couple other great shavers......So I can't wait to get the "Shave-Off" started and find the "one" that will make an honest shaver out of me...lol...Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the Turkish Post doesn't drop the ball on this one and my Arizona razors make the scene, soon and in good health...:)

Leo K. and feeltheburn like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod111613.jpg
    I got this sweet Schick M back in September, and it is a pleasure to shave with. I cleaned it up and had eight days of great shaves in September with it. I have been shaving with the DE since then, but I broke it out again for eight days of great shaves in November. Thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.