Irisch Moos extremely limited group buy... sort of

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Zen Master Kool-Aid, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

This is excellent news! Thanks for your work on this Zen. I look forward to giving it a go. I better like it; I'm on the list over at superlather too! :D

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Thanks Will.

:happy096 :happy088

3. Well, the only other stick I have is La Toja, and it works pretty nice for face lathering. It performs well. Its good soap.

I'm going to confess, I didn't face lather with the Moos... I just swiped my brush over it a few times and made lather in my (new to me) GP scuttle.
    It worked WELL...
    Typically this is not an ideal situation, but it worked out just fine. I love the lather I get from IM. I wish I had more sticks to distribute (and to keep).
    And I really wish I had this in a puck. But given the choice of having it in a stick or not having it at all...? Well, I'm seriously digging this soap.

I'm really looking forward to the opinions you guys have on this soap. Don't forget to review it in the review section once you've used it for a little while.

4. LS48

LS48 New Member

Thanks for your efforts and excellent communication, Zen. Very much looking forward to giving it a try. If it performs as well as Tabac, and has a fragrance more suited to my preferences, I'll be extremely happy. Maybe we can start a thread where everyone can post their experiences.

Cheers, Larry

5. Welcome! :D

6. If you don't like it you can send it back for a full refund, and I will mill it into a dish and keep it for myself. :D

I'm serious. If you don't like it, send it back... I'll gladly refund every penny of your 16 duckets. That goes for everyone - send it back if you don't like it. I'll keep it and mill it. I really like it alot. I hope a USA vendor keeps it available.

7. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I was going to recommend milling it, but I see in your later posts that's your plan. Mine too. I have no interest in keeping it in stick form. I will be milling it into a plastic tub of some sort and then it will be just like any other puck of soap.

8. I've never milled anything, so milling this is taking a risk for me because I've decided to distribute all nine extra sticks, keeping only one for myself. If anyone bails out, I'm keeping at least one extra.

If everyone still wants theirs, I think I'm just going to cut mine in half and mill half of it into a small dish to see how it works out, then I'll decide if I want to mill the rest.

Anyway, I should shut up. I don't want this soap to end up being disappointing like the 4th Star Wars movie... even though I can guarantee there's no Jar Jar Binks in this soap.

9. LS48

LS48 New Member

Thanks, Zen

You can't ask for a better deal than that, but I have a suspicion I'm gonna like it. I love milling soap. I've milled pucks and put it in a stick container, and I've milled sticks and put it in a mug. Some would say why do this, why not just buy a puck......but some sticks I really like don't come in pucks and I don't always feel like lathering with a stick. (Geez, that ended up sounding like a Laurel and Hardy routine)

I do have to be diligent in washing my wife's cheese grater, however, lest our spaghetti ends up tasting like Palmolive.

10. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

Would you say it smells like Irish Spring body soap? Or, anyone else have comparisons on the scent?

Cheers.

J

11. If I use my imagination I get an Irish Spring note from it, but thats straight from the stick. It lathers a bit differently. I can't nail down a description of the lather, but it smells good.

12. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

The Moos is looose! That was EXTREMELY fast! Good job...

13. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Just as a point of clarification, the german word Moos does not rhyme with loose, or moose. The correct pronunciation would be much similar to the english word "most" but without the "t." Native speakers can correct me if I am wrong, but a phonetic spelling would be:

Irisch = ē-rish
    Moos = mōs

14. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I stand corrected.

The Moos is Loos (german pronounciation lōs).

Thanks!

15. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Actually, that is more accurate than you might think!

I was going to say:
    Jetzt geht's los mit irischem Moos!

Or, were I to be one of those who has waited, lo, these many months over across the street for this soap, I would be inclined to say:
    Was ist denn los mit dem irischen Moos?

But, being a lucky individual to have been able to score a stick over here (in much less time), I am inclined to say:
    Jetzt ist meine Freude gross! Bald bekomme ich mein irisches Moos!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

16. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Was sagst du??? Ich verste nicht.

17. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Hey Zen. You don't need to worry about milling. There's no secret to it, and you won't ruin anything. The only thing you are changing is the shape. All it's shave and scent properties remain unchanged. It's akin to the difference between leaf lettuce or shredded lettuce. Looks different, tastes identical.

18. I sort of figured that but its good to know.

As it turns out, I'm on the waiting list over at superlather too. I'd forgotten about that... and it looks like his sticks are going to be arriving soon. :happy102

When it rains, it pours.

19. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Yeah, me too! Haven't decided whether to buy another, or let someone who doesn't have one to get one - I guess it depends on how many he gets in.