Irisch Moos Shaving Soap, to be on sale soon

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brothers, Jan 21, 2009.

1. brothers

brothers Active Member

Dateline: January 21, 2009. Mr. Paul Kox, the proprietor of the Dutch Shaving Shop tells me that he anticipates receiving his first order of Irisch Moos Shaving Soap within about 3 or 4 weeks. He sent me this photo.

Attached Files:

2. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Well that's interesting. We'll have to see the price and if US shipments are doable. Thanks for the info. I see he has pictured cans of the Noxzema shaving cream that created such a stir around here a couple weeks back.

3. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I don't think the Noxzema foam is discontinued, only the cream...

4. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Ah, ok. I didn't follow that very closely and am not familiar w/ their products. My sisters used a Noxzema cream to get rid of zits when we were kids. :D

5. brothers

brothers Active Member

I've purchased from the Dutch Shaving Shop twice in the last 2 or 3 months, a total of 5 tubes of Irisch Moos Shaving Cream. He's got the only place in the world that I've found it. His prices aren't bad, the shipping is OK. To place the order, I email Mr. Paul Kox, telling him what I want, and asking for the total price. He promptly responds, giving me his PayPal ID, and I pay him. Then he sends an email confirming that the shipment has been sent, and it takes about 8 days on the average, from Holland to Oklahoma. He certainly offers a large number of products.

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Wow, that's certainly good news. Might be more expensive than a group-buy but far less hassle :D

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

8. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

You must be mistaken, that post was at "bath javelin & Blade.":happy102
    I think he probably should have used a different translation software.

9. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I was wondering what a bath javelin is too. Thought maybe it was old Norse!

10. riffin

riffin Active Member

It looks like he selected "Olde Englisch" on the Google translation page. I hate when that happens...

11. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I can honestly see "bath javelin" in a custom title very soon!

12. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Man, I hope I get it! Although, bath javelin might not be such a flattering name . . .

I tried some combinations, and typed in bath javelin into a translation web site, and it came up with a German translation of "Badspeer." I can only assume that is how he came about it. I've got to tell you, though, I don't know about lathering my face with ANY kind of javelin!

13. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

It is the tubes of Noxzema lather shave that have been temporarily discontinued.

Shep, this stuff outperforms many of the high end creams like T&H, TOBS, Penhaligons, AOS, ect.....

In short, it may be the best shaving cream ever made, by anyone.