Is it possible to get a 100% clean shave?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bangabangbam, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

You know the saying right? You build a thousand bridge and you're a bridge builder, but you ---- one goat and.... well the last part I forget so you get to choose ;)

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:signs011: Couln't have said it better, Joe!

Bama Samurai, Robyflexx and Slow Joe like this.
  3. I think it depends upon your beard. I read from guys here who say they can get BBS with 2-3 passes; I'm assuming my beard is stouter than most, because I go 6 passes plus touch up, and I've given up ever getting BBS on my upper lip and neck. Can't achieve it.

Keithmax likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Two year old thread. OP made 3 posts, hasn't been seen since.

Spyder likes this.
  5. So?

Keithmax likes this.
  6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

OP yes its possible, but once you start stretching you skin and try to check for some hair after your done shaving you will notice very little hair, point is to check for hair without stretching your skin and have your head standing normal as it would usual and check like that for leftover hair. I always get either BBS or DFS but I do the 3 passes + small touch up.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry. You are correct.

macaronus and Spyder like this.
  8. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I've tried everything and no matter what I still look 58 years old. My face feels smooth though.

twhite, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I wonder if the op ever figured it out?

swarden43 and macaronus like this.
  10. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Sometimes it's just not a good idea to go too far..
    [​IMG]

Spyder and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have a very thick red beard. It grows wonderfully. I can shave twice a day if I want to, but I prefer to NOT. Since my beard color is lighter, I can get away with not shaving more than most. Sure...I can feel it...it is super scratchy, but you probably can't see it like guys with black beards. Is it 100% if I let it go a day?? NO! Of course, you can't see it, so it looks 100%.

There us a big difference between looking 100% bbs and feeling 100% bbs.

There are guys that use makeup, shave 2 times a day, etc...but I say...do what is comfortable. As long as you are happy...who cares?

Keithmax likes this.