Jabonman - Tierra Humeda

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Otto, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Otto

Otto Member

I wanted to post a quick review of Jabonman's Tierra Humeda (Humid or Moist Earth is the translation) after acquiring this as a PIF from @Sparrow.

First, the scent since this is a topic of much discussion with this soap. It is unlike any traditional scent I have ever smelled. When I first opened the can the first thoughts that went through my mind were fresh cut oatmeal and cardboard. But I began to study the scent over the days, and here is the best description I can conjure.

Imagine cutting some fresh oak or ash wood, combine that with aromatic cedar shavings, and the light scent of opening a fresh bag of topsoil. That's what comes to mind now every time I use it. The aromatic cedar in particular is quite easy to pick up.

As for performance, excellent. I have used a synthetic and boar brush on it (I don't have any badger brushes). Very easy to lather and makes a slick and cushiony foam. The scent lightly lingers as you shave but is not overpowering. You can wear any aftershave or cologne after using it without worry of clashing scents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying it:happy088:

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I just bought a jabonman soap myself and I really enjoy it. I need to look for more

4. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I also enjoy the scent and performance of Tierra Humeda. Enjoy!