January - Route 66 month

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

New Year's Day SOTD
    Sunday, January 1, 2017

Doug Korn TGN Finest
    Route 66 Cranberry Citrus
    Option 5
    Polsilver Super Iridium #2
    Fine L'Orange Noir
    Terre d Hermes

[​IMG]

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

:D:party:
    what did that puck ever do to you????? :D

Salty Belle, clint64 and PLAla like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Awesome photo!

You didn't show the soap.

In the event of a tie, the validity of this photo will be subject to decision of the rules committee.

mrchick, Douglas Carey, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  4. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Well - actually I did ... you just don't see it, because it is covered by the brush :p I only have Route 66 samples, no full tubs. And I put most of my soap samples into that brown/grey stoneware jar.

We don't have to worry about a tie here ... I only have 2 more samples left. They won't get me through the whole month, I guess :think002:

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD January 1, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick M adjustable injector
    Brush: Jayaruh #60 synthetic
    Lather: Route 66 Cavendish
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Ozark Mountain Trail aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

And we're off! Thanks to Martin (@Marverel) for getting things started. This looks to be a really fun month of shaves!

I will be using a sample of Cavendish until I use it up. The scent reminds me a lot of Cahaba Blues by Country Club. That's a good thing since that's one of my favorite soaps. I went with the JR #60 synthetic brush, got it slightly damp, and began to load. Only needed about 10 seconds of loading to pick up superb, well-hydrated suds. Then I face lathered with beautiful results. Shiny, slick, beautiful lather. Excellent results. The shave went well using that incredible lather. One big pass with touch-ups and I'm feeling smooth.

First impression of Route 66 is highly positive. So easy to load and lather, excellent slickness and cushion, and great post-shave feel. This is top-notch soap, as you others who have used it attested to already.

@Paul Turner - Kathleen's website says this about the Cavendish: "Lightly spiced cedar wood mingles with notes of bergamot, bay and fir; nicely balanced with the slightly sweet, warm aroma of Cavendish cut and cured tobacco leaf." I think that hits the nail on the head. No one scent sticks out. It's a beautiful, warm blend of all of this. I enjoy this scent very much and would be quite happy to get a full tub of it.

Looking forward to everyone's shaves this month. Have a great day and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

SOTD 1-1-17.JPG

6. Paul Turner

Thanks for the Cav report, Perry. I'd love to be able to do just "one big pass" as you did, with my soaps. I need to see SUDS.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Super Speed w/wings 1947 (Birth year razor) (@Boojum1)
    Blade: Feather Platinum (1)
    Brush: WDC-1(Grandfather's) Black Badger Wood Handle (Whipped Dog)
    Soap: Route 66 Cranberry Citrus
    Aftershave: Myrsol Aqua de Limon

A very good shave tonight to start off a new year. Using my Grandfathers brush that I restore is always very special. The use of a special gift from one of my amigos is another excellent way to start off a year. Thanks Mark.
    The Route 66 Cranberry Citrus is a good soap to use with the Myrsol Aqua de Limon aftershave.
    1 01 17.jpg

Sparrow, mrchick, Salty Belle and 5 others like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Mark, how do you like the cranberry citrus? I think it has taken the top spot of citrusy soaps for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Salty Belle, clint64, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture of quality products Clint. :happy096:

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great photo with another beautiful brush Mark. :happy096:
    I had already used my soap before I saw your post. :eatdrink047:

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good combination of products. I'm a big fan of Cavendish. :happy088:

Salty Belle, PLAla and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug, How did the hockey tournament go?

PLAla and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I am too..this is my "Year Of Tobacco" as I've been saying (and I don't smoke, lol).

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

They lost their first game 5-3. I was a good game not counting the loss. They beat a team they had never beaten before 5-0. It was an amazing game. Then they lost to a team they had never lost to before 3-2 to miss going to a playoff. It was still an outstanding day with family. Thanks so much for asking Clint.

Salty Belle, clint64, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

That's kind of the way the Washington Capitals play-they get psyched to play the better teams, and do very well, then can play flimsy against the bad ones. That's a lot of hockey he played.

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Your quite right Paul, he plays at an elite level. They play many games during their season. Then they have a summer camp after they get a month off.

18. Paul Turner

during that month off they should go travel the world, er sumethin :).

19. Boojum1

Andrew, Kathleen picked a winner for me. The Cranberry Citrus is my favorite Route 66 Soap. It is an awesome scent! bravo.gif

20. Boojum1

Terrific scent amigo! :happy096: