Jawline

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by rmcintyre84, Mar 8, 2018.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I just can't get a decent shave on my jawline. I've tried pulling the skin up or down to a more flat (flatter?) place, but it doesn't help. Suggestions?

Kraken98 likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    As someone who had a similar issue, I can only offer this advice. Tugging and pulling never worked for me. What finally worked was discovering the most shallow angle possible. Start with the head of the razor flat against your skin (don't experiment on your jaw line), lower the handle incrementally until you just sense the edge of your blade. It should be your goal to "balance" the razor in this, admittedly small, position over your entire face. I liken it to surfing (never surfed), or walking a tightrope, (not that either) always "adjusting", while moving the razor across your skin. Remember learning to find your balance when first riding a bicycle? Now, you don't give it a second thought. I would start with a WTG pass on your jawline, progressing, as you improve your "balance" to an ATG pass. Needless to say, slick, well-hydrated lather is a must.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.

SevenEighth likes this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I use a WTG pass and then a XTG pass (nose to ear) on my jaw line. I don't relather my whole face. It's really one full pass WTG followed by another WTG pass on my neck and an XTG pass on my jaw. Works okay for me.

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

This works too.
    Capture amish.GIF

TlawYensid likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

6. Paul Turner

I found a way to work my jawline-after going ATG I finish off by "chipping away" across the jaw. Like chipping ice off your car.

7. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I've tried that. I actually got a decent jawline shave this morning with a Gillette NEW LC. I was surprised.

Primotenore likes this.
  8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Well he has buttons so he can't be Amish. I'm thinking Mennonite, it's kinda Scandinavian and Amish https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonite.

9. Paul Turner

My first college was in an Amish town...was fun to see them walking along, or in the supermarket.