Jayaruh Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jayaruh, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This is JR#28. I put an Air Force medal on the base as requested by its new owner, @Joshua Hinson .
    IMG_5479b.jpg

2. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

I'm very thankful to adopt this beauty. Glad to be a member of the owners club now. Even better with the personalization recognizing my military service.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Jayaruh #54 joined my den today and I am thrilled. Beyond thrilled. As awesome as this brush looked in pictures it's a hundred times more impressive in person. I don't think any picture I can take would do it justice but here's what I came up with. A couple of views of the brush and a picture of it saying hello to JR46. He seemed happy to find a brother already here to talk to.

Jayaruh 54 Side.jpg Jayaruh 54 End.jpg 46 and 54.jpg

The only thing better than one Jayaruh brush in your den is two Jayaruh brushes. And the only thing better than two? I think you know the answer to that. Thanks Jim for another fantastic brush!

George X, Paul76, RyX and 8 others like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Three[​IMG]

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Exactly! I figured someone would finish that one off for me. :)

RyX, FaceScraper and mrchick like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Happy to help

RyX, FaceScraper and NCoxSTL like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

RyX, hins2jw0 and FaceScraper like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Congratulations on the brush and thank you for your service.

George X, RyX, hins2jw0 and 2 others like this.
  9. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. To be honest, I vaguely do remember my grandfather wet shaving when I was very little before he migrated to a Gillette Trac II (except for trimming his sideburns that is - he was in the USAF too). But I can really thank my time spent overseas with special ops guys... They convinced me to really jump into wet shaving. Never going back. I'm always trying to pass on the benefits of wet shaving and put a bug in someone else's ear . So much healthier for your skin - and clearly much more fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

George X, RyX, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Planned SOTD OCtober ??
    [​IMG]

Gillette New Standard
    Gillette Super Stainless "The Spoiler" (11)
    Cella
    @Jayaruh #134

George X, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

IMG_1078 (1).jpg Yesterday afternoon, the nice person from the United States Postal Service delivered JR#216! Since I had already shaved earlier in the morning, and because I was heading off to work anyway, it gave #216 and #113 some time to catch up and discuss their lives since they had last seen each other in SC, with their creator, Jim. I'm pretty certain that they're happy to be reunited, and I'm also pretty sure they are trying to convince me to adopt more of their siblings! Oh, I can see already that these two are going to be mischievous together... :)

For the shave this morning, I chose Cella because, well...because it's Cella! This is my first synthetic, and I love it. It's so soft on the face, yet has plenty of backbone. And - just look at the grain in the handle!! Stunning, isn't it? Once I got the water dialed in, the lather just exploded. Nice, shiny and slick...

Thanks again to @Jayaruh for letting me adopt this beauty! As always, awesome job on the brush!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    mrchick, Jim99, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    @Paul76 just adopted Jayaruh #147 with the matching Gillette NEW LC razor.
    jr#147_08.JPG

13. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

That’s one good looking brush. I was a little bummed when I pm’d Jim for it and he let me know that it was already adopted. Good news is he has many other fine brushes. Happy shaves with it!

FaceScraper, NCoxSTL and Jim99 like this.
  14. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to both of them getting here. Now the hard part of waiting impatiently. I guess I’ll pass the time with my jr175 till the 147 gets here BDBDF09D-83EB-4677-ABB1-974056466C42.jpeg

15. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Them brushes multiply like gremlins...you have to watch them because one turns into two and two turns into more
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, RyX, Paul76 and 4 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

love that barbershop brush!

FaceScraper and George X like this.
  17. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I love it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FaceScraper likes this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thank you! Yes it's hard to go wrong with all the choices he has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Paul76 and FaceScraper like this.
  19. FaceScraper

That's a great collection you have going there!! Yep, I can see more in the future for me as well. So far, I only have three brushes, two of them are Jim's.

Paul76, mrchick and George X like this.
  20. FaceScraper

Congrats on adopting the brush and razor set! That one was a serious consideration for me, then I ended up adopting #216. The cool thing about the set, nobody else will have a brush, or a razor just like it!

Dansco, RyX, George X and 3 others like this.