June 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2016.

?

What gear are you planning to use this month?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2016.
  1. Traditional Straights and/or Kamisori

21.9%
  2. DE razors

40.6%
  3. SE razors, including injectors

28.1%
  4. Pain Stick(s)

3.1%
  5. Some combination of the above

21.9%
  6. Just having cookies, thank you.

3.1%
  7. I'll mix it up and have milk with my cookies, thank you.

9.4%
  8. Rusty can lids. Oh, sorry, that was last month.

6.3%
  9. Enough with the stupid poll already, either give me a cookie or shut up.

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Awesome. I should have my list tonight, or at least the 109 so far. I'll be adding some but that can come later.

Norcalnewb, Drygulch and BearCWY like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Morning all!!! Shave is done, what it was anyway.....very late morning and rushing a bit. Report tonight!!! Hello Monday/Wednesday, here we go!

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

If you need some of the Israeli blades I have some Personna Reds, Crystals, and over the counter variants

4. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Trade you some beard oil for your MdC.

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Cool. I have a pack of reds I got ad a bonus on a tryablade order. Still in the plastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

I'll join you as much as I can, I have a slim. I also have a Fat-boy not sure which one I'll use yet

RyX, ob1page, NCoxSTL and 2 others like this.
  7. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm still in transition from one life to another so I have no plans. I do have a fat boy and quite a few blades from tryablade so I may just follow along with @NCoxSTL now and then.

RyX, Keithmax, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

When I travel I use Feather blades because they have come in plastic box. I only use the blades for two shaves but inbetween I put the blade back in the paper wrapper and then back in the plastic box.

Drygulch, Norcalnewb, BearCWY and 2 others like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: AlumiGoose Silver w/ Hempel Ti
    Blade: Feather Professional (2)
    Brush: Omega Professional 10098 Boar
    Soap: Route 66 Sea & Citrus
    A/S: Fine Platinum

Another 3 pass with a minor touch up. Everything worked well together and the addition of the Jürgen Hempel Ti handle makes a good razor even better. The big boar whipped an excellent Route 66 Sea & Citrus into a outstanding lather. Very near BBS shave again today.
    29 06 16.JPG

Drygulch, mrchick, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Today's focus shave includes a new addition to the den, a Jayaruh brush.

Today I just had time for 3 passes so I just missed BBS but zero irritation. Enjoyed the new brush an the big heavy Hart Steel blade.

Irritation A+ Closeness A- Smoothness A Sharpness A

search - 2.jpg

Drygulch, mrchick, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

July starts now... Leopard Blade Trials!

[​IMG]

First up... ASCO Super Stainless

12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Not a bad suggestion. I have a few boxes of feathers, I can carry an open box with me.

13. Bama Samurai

A preview of how it went:

image.gif

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nice selection for the month! Good variety of coatings, origins, sharpness etc.

15. Bama Samurai

I'll take it! I was just trying to grab a good range. What do you know about today's championship shave (ASCO SS)?

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Jolly Good June!

June 28

A week of just plain good shaves (and today) (well, yesterday and again today)

Razor - Some off brand disposable

Soap - None
    Brush - None
    Post - The Veg - because I don't sell without it

Well my Monday arrived. I got up, had coffee, checked in here a bit, checked the news, had coffee, stretched, had some more coffee. Looked at the clock and realized I was about a half hour behind. Ummmmm. Ok.

Well, I decided no shave would be the best idea. Until I got in the shower and decided I had to look at least a little better. So, it's Heisenberg time only on the face/neck. Grabbed the disposable I keep in the shower to fine tune my head shave if needed and just went one pass on my face and neck by feel to make it a bit better. No soap, nothing. Just a quick run of the razor. Got out, looked in the mirror and, fortunately for me, my natural good looks overcame any lack of perfection in the shave. Threw on the Veg as a body splash and headed out to conquer the world. Or, at least, to drink more coffee while I finished my inventory at my desk.

One more day in the month to have a jolly good shave so I'll try to motivate better tomorrow. Until then.........say my name.

Heisenbergme.jpg

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Hard to tell from the pic......red or orange wrapper? If it's the orange then you have a Teflon. Red is Stainless coating. Made by Lord in Egypt. Seem to have a good reputation with those who use them. I've tried one before and seem to remember it did well. I'll be getting to them all at some point in the not too distant future myself.

18. BearCWY

Humm, I see one blade in there twice! trying to stack the deck @Bama Samurai, LOL;)

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nah, he just really really likes the Iridiums.

20. BearCWY

SOTD
    6/29/16

Pre: warm bath, Nivea face wash
    Razor: Schick L1
    Blade: Chick
    Brush: TGN Finest in Olive wood handle
    Soap: WSP Bay Rum
    Post: Cold water rinse, Maggad alum, witch hazel, The Veg

Tonight was my last shave with the injector for now, going to be passing it on to the next person. Again I got a close BBS shave and loved it with no irritation. I re-hydrated my face and face lathered for my first pass of the night WTG, got really good reduction on my face. I rinsed and re-lathered for my second pass XTG and again I got really good beard reduction. Again I rinsed off my face and lathered for my third and final pass ATG and was BBS and didn't need any clean up. I rinsed my face with cold water and felt of it and I was BBS smooth so I went on to my post by grabbing the alum, and had a bit of a time with it wanting to stick to my face again as I was so smooth. Rinsed one last time and splashed on the witch hazel and patted my face, I looked at my cabinet and The Veg was just begging to be used. I splashed on the Veg and thought this was a great shave. I'll kind of miss this injector but when it's done it's coming back here to give more Great shaves! Tah Tah for now L1 but I'll see you again!:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.