Just a note on eBay seller namaste.world

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 28, 2010.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If you ever consider buying anything from them for your collection (not to use but to collect), don't. Their packaging is horrible and they bend the tops of their razor and brush packages, thereby ruining the packaging. I was quite disappointed to open my shipment from them. I'm sure they don't take "collecting" into consideration since they sell newer "made in India" Gillette razors and brushes. It has just annoyed me to no end. Also, they ship from Taiwan.. not India as it says in their listings - not that it matters where they ship from but just thought I'd point that out too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oscar

Oscar Member

Thanks for sharing, I will watch out.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm sorry you had to go through that. :(

4. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Do the items work as you hoped for?

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

As I said, I didn't buy these to use. I bought these to go in my Gillette collection.

6. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Ouch, Im so leary of overseas sellers, at best you might get your money back.

7. Oblio13

Oblio13 New Member

I'm guessing that they bend the packaging in order to use smaller envelopes and keep the shipping costs down.

8. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I've purchased from them before and indeed, the packaging did arrive in rough shape.

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They really do not have the concept of collecting as a sales position. Their emphasis is low cost products to be consumed quickly. I have also received packages in this condition from them, but I also was going to use the items so it did not affect me greatly.

Sorry that it did not work out for you.

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I've had good results with one seller in Singapore, but he'd been recommended by others on another shaving forum. PayPal should offer you buyer protection, but if you needed to return items to an overseas seller it could turn into a major hassle.

In this case, though, I'd bet it honestly never occurred to the seller that anyone would buy these inexpensive present day products as collectibles. Oh, someone already said that. I'd be annoyed with damaged packaging even on something that I just meant to open up and use, but then, I'm picky.

By the way, if I may put in a shameless plug for our hosts, I see that the Shave Den Store has the Gillette 7 O'Clock razor for $5 + shipping. Probably they will not bend the package if you still want one to display.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I wouldn't bend the package, but unfortunately they do come to me bent.

Also, I have the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sterling Double Edge Razor.
    Jody is showing the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Double Edge Razor in his pics.

12. gman41

gman41 Member

Poor Vendor

Never realy like them from the start. I believe on their E-Bay store they'll show three tubes of cream, give a price, but in the end it is for only one tube. They show a razor that looks great, almost Parker type but for no money at all, I wondered if it was a good deal or false advertising given their history.

13. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

I like Namaste.world... I've placed several orders with them before, one time they upgraded my order to express shipping for free. You are right that their packaging is rather 'primitive', though what I purchased from them wasn't meant for collecting. Also, all my packages from them always had a shipping address in India.