Just got my den started

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by PadreTex, Aug 6, 2012.

1. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

I was at Lowe's buying some plumbing hardware (dratted pop-up drain--but now fixed) and SWMBO spied some cabinets on close-out. I had just looked at a shelf or two for the purpose. Well I got a good deal and within an hour it was hung on my wall just outside the bathroom (over my chest-of-drawers).

I still need to install a couple of rails to hang my DE razors on, but that will have to be later this week.

Thought I'd share. I was asked, "Just how much more shaving stuff do you intend to buy?" I didn't answer. I can't reasonably be asked to guess! However, when I put my stuff in it she laughed and told me she couldn't believe had already filled it. Little does she know...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344311137.177190.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344311155.498980.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344311170.878452.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344311183.128911.jpg

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You haven't told her about winning the newbie PIF yet, have you?

3. PadreTex

I did after I put the cabinet up. She rolled her eyes and said you're going to have to PIF to others now too. I will. I will. But I still need to get just a little more... :)

youngunn, Smoothy and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Padre, you have a very nice set up. I like the cabinet too, real classy. ;)

5. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Very nice Padre, great looking cabinet and set up!!!

6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice, I'm trying to sort out my stuff at the moment, that's given me some inspiration.

7. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Great setup you have there.

8. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Sweet set-up!

9. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW :happy096:

Looking very, very great !!!

10. trader ron

trader ron Well-Known Member

Very nice set-up!!

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Lookin' good, padre!

12. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Nice job Father...I see a strop, I didn't realize that you had purchased a straight.

The cabinet looks excellent.

13. PadreTex

Have two old vintage straights and a new Dovo Forestal. I am slowly trying trying to learn the skills for them but am not hurrying myself. I have a long way to go but haven't nicked myself in a while with them, so it's coming along. My favorite is still my Merkur 1904 with sharp blades.

Azarius likes this.
  14. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Like you I love the Merkur 1904 loaded with a sharp blade (Feathers, Gillette Blacks, SuperMax Super Plats, etc). I would much rather load a sharp blade into a mild razor, such as the 1904 or Tech, than a dull blade into an overly aggressive razor.

15. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

A very nice and classy shave den! Enjoy!

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Lookin' good, Padre! :happy088:

17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very nice setup Padre! Nicely organized and full, but after all it's not that "BIG" of a cabinet "lol".

18. PadreTex

I was just trying to make some room for a few new items. You're right it's not big, so I'll have to get creative. :)

19. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Very nice. I like your ample supply of Bigelow. Is that vintage English Leather in the middle row center?

20. PadreTex

Yep. My dad used English Leather all of the time. Sometimes I just smell a little and it brings him back a little. I miss Daddy terribly, he was my hero and best friend. He died 6 years ago, aged 69, to colon cancer. Gents, get your colonoscopy!

FacialCarnage and Zereoue20 like this.