Kids Say (and do) the Darnedest Things

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Dzia Dzia, Sep 20, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Great pic!

You know, kids today, just don't dress up to shave like they used to. Now back in my day... :D

Slow Joe, Dzia Dzia and Kizurra like this.
  2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

My son wants to wear a suit and tie everyday...lol.

He is going through a phase where he wants to be like Dr. Who.

The best part is that he will introduce himself as "the doctor" when he meets new people in public.

RyX, Slow Joe, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  3. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

When my wife and I were potty training my then 2 1/2 year old daughter unsuccesfully my wife decided to threaten her with, "we're not putting diapers or underwear on you so where are you going to go to the bathroom then?" After a short contemplative pause my daughter replied with "On your head!"
    I laughed for days with that one.

Kilgore Trout, Slow Joe and Dzia Dzia like this.
  4. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

What good looking clean shaven lad. Way to go Dad.

JR Reyes likes this.
  5. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Your day was how far back? Flint and bones?:happy097: I remember those days too..... Sometimes.

Kizurra and JR Reyes like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

He sounds like an awesome kid. :)

I think they had developed the first polyesters. So, a little bit after.

wristwatchb, Dzia Dzia and JR Reyes like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great photo and stories about your son. You are truly blessed. :)

JR Reyes likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's snowing I out now, so I am reminded of something I overheard, on another snowy day. That particular day, it was right around the freezing point and snowing very large flakes. While waiting on line at the supermarket, I heard a little girl (on line ahead of me, with her mother ) observe. "It looks like God is having a pillow fight."

9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

My youngest daughter told me that "Mickey Mouse is the best grown up in the whole world."

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I learned long ago the hard way with my kids never to venture anywhere in those area's. The little stinkers know to much, too early, and will nail you to the wall. Now with the advent of the net they know (grandkids) even more and I don't think that fast anymore to get myself out of a jam. I have 2 granddaughers 8 and 10 and grandsons 8 and 3. Right now I'm out matched by 3 of the 4, but by this summer the new 4 year old will proably have my number also. I try to stay above the fray, especially with the girls. I'll let my wife and the parents handles the drama.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
    Dzia Dzia, Kilgore Trout and Slow Joe like this.
  11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

That's one good looking young man.

JR Reyes likes this.
  12. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

That proves my point. I learned that after I got married (I had 5 brothers and no sisters).

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  13. Woohog1

Woohog1 Member

This is sorta the same thing, not something I heard, but rather something I had to say.
    So, I have no children, but do have a 7 year old niece, a 4 year old nephew, and an 18 month old nephw.
    I'm not sure why but for some reason their parents always seem to think that I'm good at watching them, well long story short, the 4 year old and the 18 month old are playing together, next thing I know, it gets super quite. I look over, amd I see the dog, down on his back with both boys locking him.
    I never thought I'd have to tell them NOT to lick the dog....

14. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

My youngest son when he was just learning to speak called cauliflower "white broccoli" and his ankle a "foot wrist".

Slow Joe and Dzia Dzia like this.
  15. Woohog1

Woohog1 Member

Heck, I think I may start using "foot wrist"frim now on.

Slow Joe and Kilgore Trout like this.
  16. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

My 3 year old recently turned 4. I kept asking hereto do a drawing that we could use for mothers day, strangely she kept refusing. Eventually asked her what the problem. For this to make sense mothers day over here is called Mum's day.
    My daughter said, "I don't want to give her it on Mum's day, I want to give it to her on my day."

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Your nephews wouldn't be named Romulus and Remus by any chance, would they?

richgem, Woohog1 and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My niece refuses to "poop." But she will happily "push the yukkies out."

I'm so stealing that phrase.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Even as teenagers, they still can say the darndest things. I am recalling one student who was not looking forward to Parent-Conference night, as he was in trouble for flunking Spanish. He had a Spanish-sounding name, and I asked him if he spoke it at home. He answered, "I don't speak school Spanish, Ms. Silverman. I just know the bad words my mother uses, when she yells at me."
    I never had to work quite so hard at not laughing.