Kramperts Frostbite

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Matt0210, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the Kramperts line of shave soap? I've been looking at some new soaps to buy and came across this one. People give rave reviews about it.

2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I have tried and love the Krampert's soap. It is made by Soap Smooth and provides really good lather. Plenty of residual slickness and not a total face freezer, but plenty cold for most people. The scent is like minty forest - meant to make you think of an evergreen forest in the snow, and I think it does a good job. Krampert's also makes a matching aftershave that is one of the best menthol aftershaves out there - same scent and very good skin care, while keeping the chill going for a good thirty minutes or so.

The bay rum is also very good - its different than other BR, so the scent will be ymmv. The aftershave is also top notch.

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Havent tried the soap, but the AS is fantastic. Either low or no alcohol, and lots of good skin stuff. A definite winter menthol splash!

Matt0210 and Tdmsu like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Had it and sold it. If you like the smell of menthol, and ONLY menthol, you might enjoy it. Not I.

PickledNorthern and Matt0210 like this.
  5. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

It got 8 reviews and all of them were 5 star. Not a single bad review but didn't know about the smell. I like menthol soaps but was hoping it wasn't too much menthol. I'll probably buy some and check it out. I was planning on buying a few new soaps and this was one of them. I'm also looking at MamaBear and some Razorock soaps. I've never seen an Aqua di Gio soap and MamaBear makes one. If it's anything like the cologne it should be good. And the Razorock soaps are just too cheap not to try. Thanks for the responses

Tdmsu and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Stirling makes the only heavily mentholated soaps I have tried where the scent holds up through the menthol. Even those, when you hit the Glacials have a lot of menthol scent. There just isn't much you can do about it. I would guess the Glacial Wintergreen covers it up better than say, the Lemon.

Soap Commander Vision is a great scent where the cooling comes from mint. Not a freezing powerhouse, but has a nice cool, and no menthol smell. It is fantastic.

In fact, I have decided that today's shave will be S.C. Vision followed by Krampert's Frostbite splash.

Tdmsu, Shaver X and Matt0210 like this.
  7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Krampert's Finest bay rum is my favorite aftershave. Is that stuff ever good! The skincare is outstanding, too. Although it is alcohol-based, it did not sting or burn at all even if a little razor burn was present. I will have to try their soap.

PickledNorthern, Matt0210 and Tdmsu like this.