Lanolin-based shave stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by olafurson, Apr 7, 2009.

1. olafurson

olafurson Member

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

2. bonzo

bonzo New Member

I don't think so, although Jim made a MWF stick....

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I don't think any soaps are lanolin BASED, but rather contain lanolin either as a small part of the fat and oil mixture to be saponofied, or as an additive added during the milling process.

4. olafurson

olafurson Member

ChemErik,

I stand corrected.

So..... are there any lanolin-CONTAINING shave sticks out there? :o

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The answer to that will require the mind of someone more knowledgeable than I.

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I do know that Eric-Omegapd is about to attempt a MWF stick. I sold him a half and it already cracked up:( I believe he will mill it into a stick and we will see the results. I am sure he will chime in on it:) I like lanolin but think coconut oil is a superior ingredient which I will ellaborate on an upcoming thread;)

7. omegapd

omegapd New Member

soon as I get in the empty container things, I will. :D Actually going to do a Tabac/MWF mix since I don't have enough MWF to make a whole stick of it.

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

aint that a combo! dang i hope it works!

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

gonna mentholate it? :happy102 :happy102

We need to get you a custom title: Mix Master E

:happy102 :happy102 :happy102 :happy102

sorry, no help to the OP....I don't think lanolin likes my skin....or at least in certain quantities

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How to make a shave stick?

11. JimR

JimR Active Member

I got your PM Olafurson, I thought I'd post for everyone: Behold! A Stick is born!

The only problem I've had with it is, it gets pretty firmly stuck to the inside of the holder. Others have had success with refrigerating it ( the soap contracts) or oiling the inside of the holder. I just use my MIGHTY MIGHTY THUMB to push it out a millimeter at a time. :D

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

very cool Jim! I wonder if there's a slightly smaller container you could mill the stick into, then pop it out and put it into the empty deodorant? Might make for an easier time advancing the stick...

although I'm sure you've already thought of that angle...:rolleyes:

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

Ummm....YES! I thought of that IMMEDIATELY! BEcause...ummm...yeah. Not at all. Great idea!
    :o

I haven't made any more sticks because, well...really. I've got MWF, Tabac, IM, Valobra, Erasmic and VDH Deluxe. What more do I need?

When my MWF runs out (sometime in 2020 at this rate...) I'll try it.

14. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I hadn't thought of that...until now...hmmmm....