Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Accountant. I really liked Ben Affleck in this one.

ob1page, COMPNOR, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Logan.

Enrico likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've heard from former monster kids (like me) that it doesn't bode well for Universal's attempt to copy Marvel's cinematic universe.

RyX likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Tom Hanks in "The Money Pit". (wifey's choice)
    Yawn, dumb, stupid. (Wifey agreed)
    Avoid.

Enrico likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Do you generally like Ben Affleck? I was curious about that movie, but I rarely like movies he's in.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

From the trailer it looked depressing. Was it better than I looked?

RyX likes this.
  7. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

The Shack (2017). I give it a 10/10. Apparently, judging from IMDB ratings, this is a movie you either love or despise. Didn't seem to be much middle ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The original 1948 "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" was better with Carry Grant. Crazy, but funny.

Primotenore likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Only part I like is with the bathtub.

Primotenore likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Depends on what you're looking to get out of it. If you want something with the tone of any of the prior X-Men films...nope. It was intended to be gritty and downbeat, and a final wrap-up to that generation of films. So from that POV, it works.

Spoiler, if interested:

Births of new mutants have been eradicated through a very farfetched means (GM corn), with existing mutants either dead (Xavier accidentally killed the X-Men except for Logan), or hunted down, or in hiding.

The outfit that made Wolverine created a new generation of mutant kids to be soldiers (and a clone version of Logan himself, minus a conscience). One of those kids actually is Logan's daughter. She is a chip off the old block of adamantium. Speaking of, Logan is being slowly poisoned by his adamantium and his healing factor is unable to cope with it anymore. He's slowly dying. Xavier is slowly losing his mind and is a huge threat to anyone near him when he's not doped up. These were novel ideas.

It ends more or less how it might in "real life," I suppose, but the ending is kinda-sorta-not really-but maybe kinda upbeat, and fairly touching. Hugh Jackman completely sells Logan as being totally tired of life and longing for a death he can't quite reach...until now. Very believable.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

It was no Michael Bay movie.

That being said, I enjoyed it. I'm no stranger to reading subtitled Foreign Films. Our Hollywood has gotten their collective keister in a rut. I have little interest is seeing the next installment of Transformers/X-men/Batman VS. whomever. Guardians of the Galaxy II was mildly entertaining, but it was no Deadpool. I was more entertained by "The Lost City of Z".

12. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Affleck is hit or miss for me, but the Accountant was a really good film though some of it was a bit cliche.

I wasn't really impressed with Logan. Thought it was overly long and boring. But not like....

Transformers: The Last Knight which I saw this morning. My expectations weren't high, and it was only $5. It was overly long and needlessly complex. I really enjoyed the first one, and didn't think the second one was half bad despite the criticism it receives. But they really need to stop. I get Bay, but I'm surprised Spielberg allowed his name to be attached to it.

On the plus side, War for the Planet of the Apes looks really good and I can't wait for that. And the movies so far in that reboot have been excellent.

13. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

No Escape (2015). A nice surprising random action flick I stumbled upon on Netflix. I give it a strong 9/10.

An Unfinished Life (2005). Another good stumbled upon Netflix movie today. Not often I go 2 for 2! I give it 10/10. Redford was great in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just watched 7th Voyage of Sinbad, an oldie but a goodie. The kids got into it, but they always do with Harryhausen animation. I did make the mistake of telling the six year old that the one eyed Minions from Despicable Me grow up to be the Cyclops. It didn't go over well. I chose...poorly.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  15. COMPNOR

I remember No Escape when it was coming out but never saw it. Then I too stumbled upon it on Netflix and added it to my list. Haven't watched it yet though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

That is one I really want to see.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Baby Driver. Excellent movie, great soundtrack, excellent acting. Best I've seen in a while

COMPNOR likes this.
  18. COMPNOR

i might try and see that the next few days. I thought about today but they didn't have any early showings.

This afternoon I watched The Last Starfighter from 1984. Cheesy but I like it. And I figure it is perfect for a sequel considering how it ended. And apparently Will Wheaton is in it (though not in any major role, and I only know because of the credits).

SharptoothC, RyX and ob1page like this.
  19. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

History of The World

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We just saw "Despicable Me 3" yesterday. It was a bunch of fun, with quite a few references that will go over thee heads of kids.

COMPNOR and RyX like this.