Last Pass...

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by AFWoody, Dec 8, 2015.

?

What is your final pass?

1. WTG

6.9%
  2. XTG

13.8%
  3. ATG

82.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AFWoody

AFWoody Member

I have done my 2nd day straight doing WTG XTG and ATG. The results have been really good.

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fantastic AFWoody! Sounds like your developing a good rhythm for yourself. :happy088:

AFWoody likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy108::happy096: :bounce017:

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Exactly. Shaving is like golf, bowling, archery etc. Consistency will eventually provide excellent shaves, consistently:)

Tdmsu and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Macros42

Macros42 Active Member

Hi folks. My first post here - just discovered the forum and only started "real shaving" a few months ago. I'm like the OP - have sensitive skin - particularly on the left and right side below the jaw. I find either a hot towel and/or a pre-shave balm (currently using Prorasa Sandalwood) makes a huge difference - after or without a shower.

As for passes - I do a 3 or 4 shave pass every time. 2 WTG, 1 XTG and 1ATG. If I'm in a hurry the XTG one goes. Always do 2 WTG and finish with 1 ATG. I'm still refining my technique. The bits that get raw seem to have a different grain so when I'm doing the WTG part I shave as if it's ATG if that makes sense. Currently using a Merkur 34c razor with Astra blades if that makes a difference. Tried a number of blades and the Astras and the Feathers I found best - but the Astra is about 25% of the cost so that was the winner.

As I said I'm a beginner and I know YMMV but that's my experience.

Tdmsu and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs046: glad you joined!

Tdmsu and Macros42 like this.