Lather dries out a bit too fast

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Omelmad, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Yeah me too, thats a big plus for me =)

2. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

where do you find it locally?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

See if this works for you ---> *click*

4. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

yea link worked, thanks

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Did it show any shops in your local?

6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

No,but I travel ALOT. It'll come in handy Im sure.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and win Bobcats fine PIF soap.

7. Omelmad

I will hold my thumbs for you @Cool Breeze , its the least I can do.

Damn I just checked what it would cost to buy from TSD Store, one soap will land on 24.99 including shipping. I live in sweden.

Many on here say it lathers great and gives good protection, thought I might try it out. But it doesnt feel good paying approximately 2/3 of the total prize to UPS =P. USA should join EU HAHAHA

@Cool Breeze

Lathering using the method you demonstrated in the video will be different for me because as you see in the uploaded pic, my bowl is flat =p

Attached Files:

Cool Breeze likes this.
  8. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Load your brush from the soap container and then go to the cereal bowl for lather

Cool Breeze likes this.
  9. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

First of all thats one sweet dish, I REALLY like it.
    I made another video (same place, I'll post you a link in a minute) where I bowl lathered out of the same type of shallow dish, it may help.

10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

There, FTFY;)

Omelmad likes this.
  11. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

12. Omelmad

Thank you, I had been wanting it for a while. Picked it up when I was in venezuela for vacation in december =D It was cheaper, also bought 3 pucks of the same soap because it smells amazing!

During the last shave I did like you demonstrate in the new video, just might need a liittle bit more soap next time. the past 3 days i've been busy and working so haven't been able to do the shave routine =/

I appreciate the help @Cool Breeze

13. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Any time brother.
    As you can see in the last video, use EVEN MORE water so it flows into your bowl.
    Good luck.

Omelmad likes this.
  14. Omelmad

Yeah I will. Did you use your VDH soap? =P how much does it cost? Just curious =)

15. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

TY! Lol ;-)

16. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Less than $3.00.
    great stuff, smells VERY nice.

Of the white and pink varities (one is deluxe, one is luxury) I prefer the pink. The scent is very strong while using but rinses clean away when done.
    Not a sharp or spicy smell and not a soap powder smell either. If it makes any sense, its a very strong scent without being loud.
    I think many shavers turn a blind eye to VDH soaps because they arent imported and dont cost $15.00 a puck.
    Too bad. You've seen me lather in a bowl, on my face, it allways lathers easily, I cannot figure out why someone would pay $15.00 for a soap that takes a month to learn how to use.
    Hard water, soft water, hot,cold.
    VDH will lather with muddy water from a footprint.

17. Omelmad

Strong scent without being louds sounds logical to me. I like that.

So they make the luxury soap pink you say =P i dont Care, it can be brown too.

Im taking you up on your offer in a couple of months =P but untill then in posting my results from the loccitane soap

image.jpg image.jpg

So I think in getting much better at this. Still managed to dry around my mouth and chin, but this time it's because I took my time. Applied a bit of water on my face and applied new layer or lather.

I just wanna say I got a bit cocky with the shavette.. Lol. One shan't get cocky whilst using a shavette

Cool Breeze likes this.