Lea Menthol Review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Ryan B, May 28, 2014.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Guys, you gotta hear about this awesome cream from Spain.

Price: 10/10. This tube was free for me, but it sells for a couple euros in Spain and it also is really cheap at Shaveabuck.

Quality: 9/10. This stuff is underrated for sure and beats the crap out of Proraso.

Scent: 10/10. I love it. It's a classy scent with some other notes.

Latherability: 10/10. This stuff lathers up really well and you only need very little.

Efficacy: 9/10. It has great skincare and a very good menthol punch.

Moisturizing Properties: 8/10. It could be better, but still not bad.

Packaging: 9/10. It comes in a good sized metal tube with bright colors if that's your thing.

Will I buy this again?: Hell yeah!

This stuff flies under the radar and doesn't get the limelight like Proraso, Ingram, or Palmolive Menthol. I do think that this stuff surpasses Proraso and is tied with Ingram and Palmolive Menthol.

I think this belongs in any menthol lover's den. It will always have a place in mine.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm glad you enjoy it, buddy. It's a helluva good cream and I owe myself some shaves with it. Now, if I could just break away from these danged soaps I've been using of late...............

Omelmad, RaZorBurn123 and GeneRector like this.
  3. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:happy096:Howdy! I'll have to try it! Sounds good! Always, Gene

Omelmad, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice review Ryan. I've been tempted to buy a tube, now I will.

Omelmad and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

I highly recommend it! ;)

Omelmad likes this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Please forgive my ignorance , but why are soaps/creams mentholated?

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

It just feels good. Sometimes a big chill is a pleasant experience, especially with a little razor burn or irritated skin. For instance, tonight I shaved with Proraso Green, and it was a little cool on pass 1 and 2. With pass 3 it brought the cold.

crackstar and Omelmad like this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Ryan-I have the LEA Sensitive and really like it too. I just used it again a few days ago. I also like their Aftershave Balsam.
    LEA also has some new products that should hit the US market fairly soon.

Good review! Thanks!

[​IMG]

Ryan B likes this.
  9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

What products might those be Bob?

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

crackstar likes this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I really like Lea Menthol as well. It's sorta taken the lead spot away from Proraso/CO Bigelow. I also like the Sensitive version. They are wonderful products that don't get the love they deserve.

Ok, let's face it. I like Lea products. There, I said it out loud and am glad.

crackstar and Bobcat like this.
  12. Ryan B

Don't hesitate, it will be worth the money.

crackstar, Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I think your reviews are a little too generous Ryan B. You need to criticize the #### out of them and be more detailed with the qualities that you liked and didn't like. ie. a classy scent with some other notes is very vague. :confused:

crackstar likes this.
  14. Ryan B

I'm not very good at describing scents other than putting good, bad, ells like dog $@%+.

I loved Proraso Green until it irritated my skin really badly and I found out I was allergic to eucalyptus. That was also before I tried Lea Menthol. And since I have tried Ingram, Gada Cool Mint, and Palmolive Menthol; Proraso Green was all over knew. Those menthol creams are all way above Proraso.

But I will be more descriptive next time.

crackstar and fram773 like this.
  15. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is a very well done review, Ryan. Thanks for that!

I have tried the Lea Aftershave Balsam, and thought it was very good. It is better than most aftershaves IMHO. From the review, it looks like their cream is just as good.

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

lollllllllllllll Very well-put!

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Looks like a good one to try. I also saw that Italian Barber has it.

crackstar likes this.
  18. crackstar

It really is a great cream. Maybe not to the same freeze level as Palmolive Menthol but not far behind.

19. crackstar

Certain brands from eastern Europe, especially Bulgaria have different variants. One example is Top Ten which comes in Menthol and Sensitive. The Sensitive version has much more of a menthol effect than the Menthol one. Isn't that odd?