Lea Menthol shaving cream review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Mar 21, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This is a lovely Spanish cream which I bought from Shaveabuck and I used it for the 1st time this morning. From what I understand, it is difficult to find even in Spain.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Just a little is needed for super-rich lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Wonderful stability. 10 passes are possible!

General skincare: 8/10--Very cooling menthol effect. Good moisturizing also.

Scent: 8/10--Very nice. Minty with another note I cannot describe.

Price: 8/10--Quite reasonable. Certainly no bank breaker.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Most definitely. I hope it will always be available.

This cream offers great lather with a very pleasant scent and good skincare. The menthol sensation is about the same as the UK version of Ingram.

40-321-large.jpg

2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the menthol version but have used the regular cream.

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Shaveabuck site. Have you had any problem with using it? Get a strange warning when I bring it up? Would be using it for shipping to the US.

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

One of my favs! :)

Like Jeff said, not the coldest menthol cream I own, but it does have a nice chill factor and a hard to describe scent I really like.

5. crackstar

I used it again this morning for my Menthol Monday Shave, and it felt icy and awesome. The scent drives me crazy - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :happy108:

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. senex

senex Member

I have tried to get it twice in the past from shave a buck and no luck.
    From the answers I got from them they have big problems with overseas orders.

Yehuda D likes this.
  7. crackstar

This is a cream that I cannot be without now.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Would you compare it to your vintage Noxzema? How well you feel it compares to that is the real measurement I am looking for.

9. crackstar

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, now I am finding it difficult to reply! My Noxzema is now a rare treasure which will be eventually extinct. This Lea Menthol cream appears to be just as good, and it's still around. If I had to choose one or the other in the morning, it would be late in the afternoon before I decided! :D

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Good enough review for me!

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

I decided to take a shave tomorrow morning (Friday) with the Lea Menthol because I love it so much, and also because it will help me to save the Noxzema for when I feel nostalgic. Don't get me wrong - I love and cherish the Noxzema! I just don't want to use up all my tubes too fast and never be able to get this stuff again, so this way I get to make them last. ;)

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

:signs011:

crackstar likes this.
  13. crackstar

I told you that you'd love it - I'd never steer you wrong! ;)

Yehuda D likes this.