Dismiss Notice
Don't miss your chance to enter the TSD Mini-Raffle One week only! Ends Sunday, July 2nd.

Let's Hear Some Opinions On Ladas Blades...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Christopher Powell, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I got a 120 pack of Russian blades today. Ladas, voskhods, Sputnik's, and rapira

2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I have a 100 pack of Astra Superior Stainless and Rapira Super Stainless blades. I also have about 80 Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades, 15 Voskhod baldes and 15 Ladas blades. I'll be set for a long long time !!!

Demidog and Col C like this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Its hard to beat the Russian blades.

4. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

A measure of blade quality is longevity. We praise a blade that gives us multiple shaves, and even the modest unit cost can add up to serious change over the years. I just used a Lada after a long hiatus. My razor a Mergress and Dusy Kabinette. Adjustable razors often suprise us with so so blades in a fixed gap. I was very pleased with the impeccable performance; first pass set at 3+ and dialed down @ 2 for 2 and 3 and finally 1 for 4. I am not sure how many such shaves this Lada will provide. I had this epiphany ( along with eggs and tea for breakfast.) One outstanding shave alone makes this blade well worth acquiring more.

MObigfoot and Col C like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I generally will use a blade for three shaves (I normally shave three times a week). The blade must be sharp, smooth, and without irritation each of the three times. My recent testing of blades came up with a fair number that do that for me. Ladas was one of them and I have 100 blades on order.

MObigfoot and Demidog like this.
  6. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

At $0.10 per blade Ladas can be a one-and-done blade. I wouldn't feel too horrible spending a dime per shave on a blade like this one. But getting several days of good or great shaves makes it even sweeter. My last one I only used for 3 shaves before I binned it, but it felt like I could have used it for much longer.

I will probably try to get a month out of my next one.

Col C likes this.