Let's Hear Some Opinions On Ladas Blades...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Christopher Powell, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I got a 120 pack of Russian blades today. Ladas, voskhods, Sputnik's, and rapira

2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I have a 100 pack of Astra Superior Stainless and Rapira Super Stainless blades. I also have about 80 Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades, 15 Voskhod baldes and 15 Ladas blades. I'll be set for a long long time !!!

Demidog and Col C like this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Its hard to beat the Russian blades.

4. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

A measure of blade quality is longevity. We praise a blade that gives us multiple shaves, and even the modest unit cost can add up to serious change over the years. I just used a Lada after a long hiatus. My razor a Mergress and Dusy Kabinette. Adjustable razors often suprise us with so so blades in a fixed gap. I was very pleased with the impeccable performance; first pass set at 3+ and dialed down @ 2 for 2 and 3 and finally 1 for 4. I am not sure how many such shaves this Lada will provide. I had this epiphany ( along with eggs and tea for breakfast.) One outstanding shave alone makes this blade well worth acquiring more.

MObigfoot and Col C like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I generally will use a blade for three shaves (I normally shave three times a week). The blade must be sharp, smooth, and without irritation each of the three times. My recent testing of blades came up with a fair number that do that for me. Ladas was one of them and I have 100 blades on order.

MObigfoot and Demidog like this.
  6. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

At $0.10 per blade Ladas can be a one-and-done blade. I wouldn't feel too horrible spending a dime per shave on a blade like this one. But getting several days of good or great shaves makes it even sweeter. My last one I only used for 3 shaves before I binned it, but it felt like I could have used it for much longer.

I will probably try to get a month out of my next one.

Col C likes this.