LF help identifying a STAR SE razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks for that additional info.
    The seller did mention that the clasp on the back, that holds the blade in place, needs some tweaking/fix so we'll see how bad that is when I get it.

No, picked it up from Etsy so it's the seller's photos not mine - have yet to receive it.
    I'll be sure to see if the clasp on the back can be easily fixed and if so I will absolutely shave with it :)

I do have some of them laid on some shelves but let's be honest - who are you really going to display razors to? It's not like there's a line of curious people eager to check out old shaving equipment :) Having said that, I do try to make them look as nice as possible for me :)

The goal, however, is to after this year sell off 80% of all my razors.
    2015 is my 'acquisition and experimentation'-year - 2016 will be my 'selling year'.
    I want to get down to 12 razors that I truly can't let the other ones be enjoyed by others.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  2. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought I was done with my ASR family tree SE collection, barring minor variations. I can't tell you how exciting it is that there is a missing link! Woohoo! Time to get obsessive!

mrchick likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

If I don't like how it shaves it'll be sold off :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Even though it closely resembles the Ever-Ready 1914 I have found the Stoll to be fairly mild.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You really have some special razors, the run you've been on lately has been remarkable. You have stuff that many of us have never seen.

Slow Joe and Darkbulb like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That makes me even more interested in DB doesn't like it.

Darkbulb likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

And I'm sure a lot of razors many people could care less about ever seeing :D

mrchick and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, the seller emailed me this morning and told me that while she was fiddling around with the clasp on the back she broke it off.
    I'm not that much of a collector that I want to start off with something that I need to repair so I'll be taking her up on her offer to cancel the sale.

So hey, good news for some of you maybe that it'll be back for sale again - now with a broken clasp (I guess there's a chance that it's a five second fix but who knows).

I assume the original $17 will now be discounted as it's officially broken.

9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Well that is a bummer.

Darkbulb likes this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah...well I guess maybe it will go to someone a bit more SE-collector-worthy

11. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

It would probably be difficult to fix because it rotates up into position behind the blade.

Darkbulb likes this.