List O' Stuff

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bookworm, May 19, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Wins a doghouse?

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Divorced 11 years here. No doghouse for Fuzzy!!

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  3. Bookworm

"Reason for divorce: Excessive toy purchases."

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nahhhhh. I think she just did not like me any more.

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. Bookworm

So, that became the excuse for too many toys. Got it. "Don't need that space the wife took up, so hey, what can I put there?"

(It's a man thing. Belongings expand to fill all available space, even if you can't remember where they came from.)

RyX likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I could resemble that remark.

RyX likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I keep around 20 +- for keeps, the rest go in the selling razors. My brushes around 15, but I'm constantly restoring and selling those as well.

RyX and wchnu like this.
  8. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I'm trying to whittle my personal stash down to about a half-dozen keepers, but I'm back up to 27 or so. Looks like another trip south to give some more to my middle grandson. I lost track at 70-something.

RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I on the other hand plan to keep most of mine. Just bought a few more to use as starter kits and pif's.

RyX likes this.
  10. Bookworm

"1909" Unsinger Safety Razor. Sold as various relabeled company names for marketing.

I assume that the labeling was done on the box and/or paperwork, as the razor is pretty generic. The head needs to be peened a bit - it wobbles on the handle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jim99 likes this.
  11. Bookworm

Here's what I was waiting for. In the "unclean" state.

Double Ring Clone, and Aristocrat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RyX, Jim99, Enrico and 4 others like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very very cool. Thanks for the pics!!

13. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

So, this is an unsung razor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Bookworm

Considering nobody talks about it, probably.

That's one of the ones I have no interest in retaining, along with the busted auto strop (if anyone wants a spare handle :) )
    Most of the 'non-gillette' will probably go, other than the Rolls Razor, and one of the travel razors. I'm going to make up a couple of 'car kits' with the basics necessary for me to shave at a customer site if I'm there for a long time.

I'll keep a few of the TTO's for giving to folks, but the bulk of the three piece will go away, once I've figured out the rest of how to make carbon fiber handles.
    The Senator will _never_ leave my hands (Charleton Heston moment), and I'd bet that the Aristocrats will remain. I may end up getting rid of all the adjustables, possibly keeping one.

Of the straights - I'm going to give some away to people to entertain themselves with. (cheap-o's)

RyX and mrchick like this.
  15. Bookworm

I'm surprised I haven't seen requests for pictures of anything else :)

RyX likes this.
  16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Huh?

17. Bookworm

Good point. Fixing. That should have been Aristocrat. I just I got stuck on the 'aristocrat adjustable' title.

18. Bookworm

It looks like there's no difference between the '41 Aristocrat Tech and the '46-'47 Aristocrat, other than the box and blade. So, I have one that might be 41, 46, or 47, and one that has a box like a '46-'47 Aristocrat (white lining with maroon printing).

Here are the above razors, a bit more cleaned up.

Aristocrat -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Double Ring Clone

[​IMG]

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Did the 41 have the end caps? I thought pre ww2 did not.

20. Bookworm

Going back and looking again, you're right. It's still not much of a difference, which makes me suspect that the "post war" may have been stock from "pre war" that they didn't sell off when the War Procurement Board was dictating to them what they could and could not do.