List O' Stuff

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bookworm, May 19, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Could be. As a truth in advertisement type thing I am not that smart on Gillette stuff. I got that info when looking to find out what I had picked up awhile back.

2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

You were still right, and I was wrong. So, therefore, you paid attention more than I did.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

But just as a aside. I am a SE guy but those aristocrats do shave good!!

I tend to retain information like that. Mostly worthless trivia stuff. Lol

4. Bookworm

Well, it's not fully polished (inside the blade compartment), but the bulk of the crud is gone, including in the barrel, so I'm going to shave with it - probably tomorrow. The blade I'll be using is an Astra with one use from an OLD. (Good shave, worked just like a Tech)

The lacquer dissolved off of the plating. Apparently it had merged with the crud, and in some places -was- the crud. Other than that, half a hour of constant ultrasonic cleaning didn't affect the plating in any way, shape, or form.

RyX likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

How did it go?

6. Bookworm

Haven't tried it.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pictures of Everything! You will hit that 3 months/BST window. I need to know what for I'm saving my hobby money.;)

8. Bookworm

You've been around enough that I doubt I have anything super wonderful for you :) Unless I ended up with someone's special 'Birth Year/quarter' razor, I figured most of them would be sold off as "guaranteed decent shavers" or at least known flaws :p

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Made a few passes around Ole Sol, but only coming up on my third anniversary of wet shaving. I do peruse the local vintage razor market. It's allowed me to enjoy lots of Gillette and Schick razors. Both of those companies, and many lesser know manufacturers sold so many I haven't sampled yet.

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Well, you do have a Flare-Tip SS that is the right year, but wrong quarter (G2 instead of G3)...

I will also admit to some curiosity about the availability of a Bakelite-handled Tech. Also, did I see you mention Twin Injector blades in another thread? :)

11. Bookworm

Nah - the twin injector blades were definitely not mine.

As for the Tech, I'll do some extra looking at it, but it appears to be the right age for Bakelite, not for plastics. Cardboard box (original box), grooved six sided handle, round bottom with writing. No date code.

I'll be taking photos of them this weekend, I think, and making sure I have all of them listed. I'm going to move most of them out of my bathroom and into another location.

12. Bookworm

ronson1.jpg I won't add it to the main list until it shows up, but I just successfully paid too much (cheapskate) for a Ronson Safety Razor. It'll go with my Rolls Razor (which I bought another one that has no handle, but a good hone and blade. spare parts)

I also have a 40's SS, Flare SS, and an OLD on the way for about 12 dollars.

13. Bookworm

Another set came in. Adding to the list.
    Another no date code 40's SS, an A3 Flare, and what appears to be serial number 912559 OLD. (1907). Amazing shape, as it appears that most of the gold is still intact under all the greasy soap. Cracked tube, of course. The previous owner (_a_ previous owner) apparently stuck a rolled up piece of paper around the knob section for additional friction. Photos after I've finished doing the basic non-polish cleaning.

14. Bookworm

Here they are, after cleaning.
    [​IMG]

jtspartan and mrchick like this.