lol shave secret from walmart

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by jcr12388, Feb 20, 2013.

1. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

ehhh wut the hell. bought this stuff today. curious to see how it works. ill give an update tomorrow or friday

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I use it as a base coat before I start face lathering. It gives good skin protection.

3. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

does it glide smoothly? and does it require alot of rinsing like it says on the package?

4. B-3

B-3 Active Member

works for me
    Seems better with, than without.
    I do both ways when razor testing

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

1st question is yes
    2nd question is no, but I use a straight razor and don't know how it would do with a DE or Cart system.

6. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I use it for a 2 pass in the shower with my EJ87 when I'm in a hurry. I get zero irritation now that my technique has improved. Back when I sucked, my shaves with SS sucked too. Weird huh?

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It can't be much of a secret if it's sold at Walmart. ;)

8. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

just used shave secret last night. i was actually impressed by the Shave Secret as a preshave oil. In regards to slickness, i would say its neither worse nor better than my proraso preshave cream. about the same. but after my shave i had zero irritation! when i use proraso PRS there is always some irritation. shave secret gave me a very close and irritation free shave and for this i will continue to use!!

9. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I may have to check this out.

10. youngunn

I picked some Shave secret up yesterday and used it tonight. Very impressed for the price, it definitely helped.

jcr12388 likes this.
  11. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

did you use it as a PS oil or shave with it by itself?

12. youngunn

PS definitely, it's not good enough for wet shaving by itself.

13. B-3

B-3 Active Member

We use it by itself as a test between razors.
    Got a Ranger Tech in the mail today, another razor test starts tomorrow!

14. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

I tend to have dry skin, and the Shave Secret works really well as an emollient to keep my skin nice and pliable. I have a lot less irritation since starting to use it. My wife has taken to using it when she shaves her legs as well. I have used this before applying Cremo Shave Cream, and had to check and see if I had removed any stubble because I literally could not feel the razor on my skin. Worked great.

captainamer71 and srpavko like this.
  15. David G

David G Member

I had been researching pre-shave oils and found a few threads on different forums saying this stuff worked well. After finding this thread I am definitely going to pick some up tomorrow.

16. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Shave secret is a good quality pre shave. I have used it since I first began wet shaving over 2 years ago. Also has a great nutty spice smell! It's cheap enough to keep a bottle around and also works good for a travel set.

17. dave12b

dave12b New Member

Quick question for those who have tried this and AOS ps. Does the shave secret leave a sticky residue on your hands like the aos?

18. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Not as I recall. I use it every once in a great while. I only used the AOS stuff once, because it left that residue.

19. David G

David G Member

I bought some Shave Secret a few days ago after seeing this thread. I use 3 drops in the palm and rub that over my face. I haven't had any problem with it clogging up the blade or leaving any sort of residue that I've noticed.

20. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

I also noticed the AOS is wayyyyy to thick for a pre shave oil. The shave secret spreads very easily and is not goopy feeling like AOS