Lord 3 piece "Tech Clone" discussion thread

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dridecker, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

2. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

It's a great razor for the price, but not aggressive enough for me.

3. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

It's an excellent razor, well constructed, and should hold up quite well, just like a regular Tech. I have owned two of them at various points in my wet shaving adventures.

I don't have them anymore, because I have scaled back on razors that aren't entirely my favorites, and have no need for multiple Techs; this razor shaves very similar to my Ball End Tech.

For the price, this is an excellent deal, especially for newbies on a budget, or for a newbie who doesn't want to go the vintage route.

4. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I liked mine. Got it out of curiosity, and only used it for the life of one blade, maybe 4 or 5 times, but found it maybe slightly more aggressive than the old Gillette Techs. Certainly could be an adequate only razor for a budget minded DE shaver, and would also be a good first DE razor.

5. rainman

rainman New Member

Shave felt most similiar to a black handled superspeed. Not enough hair coming off yet irritation at the same time. Also, the one I got had a darkened look on the handle that would not come off.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Great review, a good noob razor or travel razor!

7. geneaut

geneaut Member

I've enjoyed mine. I have to do something pretty dumb to nick myself.

Sticking an Iridium or an Astra blade in here has resulted in some very enjoyable shaves.

My only knock on it is it feels extremely light. I'd prefer a tad more heft.

8. beyboo

beyboo New Member

Does someone have experience with the feather portable to compare ? The portable is also a clone of old style Tech, but a bit on the aggressive side.

Someone can PIF one Lords to me - I can compare the shaves and report back !!:D:D

9. geneaut

geneaut Member

Manish I've had my eye on the Feather portable and I'll pick one up the next time I get a severe case of the AD. Now to find somewhere that has the Feather Portable and Godrej Menthol Mist :)

BTW ... the Lord Tech + Iridium is a superb shave system for my face. I've been using my Slim adjustable for a few weeks, and rotated back to the Lord this morning, and I got a wonderful shave from it and the Iridium.

10. ztirf1953

ztirf1953 Active Member

I bought a Lord 3 piece DE razor a year ago before I travelled overseas. I enjoyed it very much. I use it as my traveling razor.

I enjoyed it so much that this past Christmas I gave one to each of my sons to introduce them to the joy of DE shaving. They enjoy it.

11. beyboo

beyboo New Member

The Lord razor does look tempting. I am lucky to have a feather portable and boy does it shave.

Its already my go to razor; that is when I am not look at the Gold Slant and the fatboy and the super speed and the Gillette New and the Khakhi and the ....:rolleyes:

12. beyboo

beyboo New Member

Can someone post close up pics of this razor ? especially the handle ?

13. geneaut

geneaut Member

I'll take some this evening when I get home.

14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I do. The Feather Portable is more aggressive and weighs more than the Lord Tech clone. However, the Feather has a much shorter handle.

I didn't like the short handle on the Feather so I gave it away. I didn't like the lightness of the Lord Tech so I gave that away too.

I now rotate between a Gillette NEW and an open comb M.P. R89.

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I got it geneaut, I needed a picture for the Newbie Razor thread.

Handle:
    [​IMG]

Head cap and base plate:
    [​IMG]

geneaut likes this.
  16. geneaut

geneaut Member

Interesting ... my baseplate is black plastic.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Is the rest of the razor metal?

Where did you pick it up from?

18. geneaut

geneaut Member

The rest is metal. I ordered mine off of Amazon about 2-3 months ago.

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

20. geneaut

geneaut Member