Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

How much colder than this could it possibly get for a Menthol Monday Shave? Not too much, because I sincerely believe that this set-up is the coldest one to be found. The Neutrogena facial wash has so much menthol in it, the Glacial Obsidian soap is so frigid that it feels almost painful, (in a good way, of course!) and the Anherb conditioner is perfect for keeping the chill around longer. It also heals minor nicks or weepers very fast and it gives terrific moisturizing. The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel feels exactly like being outside on a twenty below zero day! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

3/9/2015 Menthol Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: GE Jones Shake Sharp, John Jay Velvet Shaver straight razor
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
    Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
    Soap: TSD - Iced Subzero
    After: Home made ASB, Osage Rub after shave
    Cologne: Cuir Cannage

It is Menthol Monday and it was a Darn Fine Shave. The Vie Long brush whipped up the Iced Subzero into a good and cold lather. The Shake Sharp and the Velvet Shaver did an admirable job on the stubble. The Osage Rub brought the arctic chill and the Cuir Cannage will have me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

[​IMG]

9 March 2015

4. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

Since I didn't use anything mentholated yesterday I made up for it for this morning. The Neutrogena facial wash is plenty cold and it leaves my skin feeling squeaky-clean. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap smells so great - it's a perfect balance of fresh lemon and intense menthol, and that freezing sensation is so potent that it feels like an ice-cold water rinse. The Gold Bond moisturizer keeps that chill going very nicely, and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel brings the word frigid to a whole new level. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3-16-15 Shave

[​IMG]

Boojum1 and crackstar like this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

menthol Monday
    nivea men's face wash
    soap commander vision
    ICED atomized Florida water 20150316_084657.jpg

Boojum1, Bristle Me and GDCarrington like this.
  7. crackstar

Menthol Monday!

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

If you're a menthol monkey like I am then this set-up is your ticket because every item is bone-chillingly cold. The Gatsby face wash is almost a face-freezer by itself and it has excellent skincare with a nice scent. Lather up with the Glacial Obsidian soap and you're going to shiver - this I guarantee along with wonderful moisturizing and soothing. The Anherb conditioner continues that iciness and post-shave care so well, and the Rubby Dubby Doo freezes the daylights out of you altogether! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave 23 March 2015

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Razor...Gillette SC w/bar handle
    Blade...Astra SP
    Brush...String Set restore (WD black badger)
    Soap...Proraso Green
    AS...Barbasol Pacific Rush

Sorry, no pic, taxes are waiting

Got a rare 2-pass DFS today. Man I really like the SC. I was in a hurry and was thinking of a regular 3-pass today, but didn't need it. I got done with #2 and my face was happy and all was well with the universe!

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

nivea men's face wash
    Jack Black supreme cream
    Osage rub
    tripe threat for a cool Monday shave.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Sharp
    Ingram Green SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Floid Classic AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

Ok, not as bone-chillingly frigid a set-up as I usually would select but still pretty darned cold. The Ingram Green cream from Egypt has the same great scent, super-rich lather, and good skincare as the UK version of Ingram but there's definitely a difference in the cooling effect. This Egyptian version is more strongly-mentholated. The Gold Bond is waiting to give me some additional cooling, and the Floid Classic aftershave will finish the job for me. I hope this new Sharp will perform as well as the one I just threw out. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Plan for 30 March 2015

Time for a little free form ...

[​IMG]

spacehobo and grump like this.
  13. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Lavender SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

I'm gonna enjoy myself so much with this set-up because it's so frigid. I'll start with the Neutrogena facial wash which has plenty of menthol in it, and leaves the skin feeling clean and comfortable. The Glacial Lavender soap's menthol power can wreak havoc on anybody who's not able to tolerate such an intense freeze, yet the skincare is so gentle and soothing. The Anherb conditioner is also very cooling and comfortable with a nice scent. The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel is enough to overpower the Penguin and the Rubby Dubby Doo combined. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

6 April 2015 Plan

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  15. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Personna
    Stirling Glacial Lavender SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

As I said recently, the Stirling Glacial soaps will always have a special place in my heart because of their wonderful quality and the Lavender is my number one favourite. I absolutely love its scent, which is so beautiful and unhampered by the powerful menthol which it contains. The freezing effect hits immediately when you begin lathering up and gets stronger and stronger - come to think of it, these Glacials are only a small step behind the Chiseled Face Cryogen soap. The Gold Bond/Glacial Wintergreen duo are ready to add lots of awesome soothing comfort, as well as incredible frigidness to my face afterwards. I'm anxious to see how these Personna blades perform.;) :D

GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, April 13, 2015

-1.jpg
    • Shower, Sea Salt Soap, Neutrogena Face Scrub, Cold Rinse
    • iKon Shavecraft 102 Slant with UFO Titanium XL
    • Polsilver Super Iridium #3
    • Doug Korn Blue & White D-7 TGN Silvertip - 27X52mm
    • Krampert's Frostbite SS
    • Cold Rinse, Alum Block, Witch Hazel+ Menthol, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    • Krampert's Frostbite Aftershave
    Den.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    bnccna2, GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  17. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Hey I get to post my first ever Menthol Monday report!!

Razor
    1973 Gillette Adjustable Black Beauty
    Blade
    Gillette 7 O'clock Black
    Soap
    Ingram (Egyptian) Cool Lather Cream (Thank you Jeff-Crackstar !!)
    Alum Stick
    Razor Rock Alum
    A/S
    Floid Amber Mentolado Vigoroso
    Balm
    Body Shop Maca Razor Relief

crackstar, Boojum1 and GDCarrington like this.
  18. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new SuperMax Blue
    Tryphon Permafrost Shaving Stick :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Proraso Green AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

Not as intensely-frigid as my usual Menthol Monday selections but still very nice and icy. The Permafrost stick has pretty well become a vintage item because it's no longer in production, and I honestly wish that I could get it again. It's so easy to lather, it has plenty of menthol in it, and the skincare is excellent. The Gold Bond moisturizer keeps the chill going, and the Proraso Green aftershave provides another chilly smack. These SuperMax Blue blades are also terrific - very sharp and smooth. ;) :D

Boojum1 and GDCarrington like this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

20 April Plan

[​IMG]

Boojum1 likes this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Planned Shave
    Menthol Monday, April 20, 2015

-1.jpg

Prebarba: Warm/Cold Shower, Swedish Dream Sea Salt Bath Soap, Neutrogena Face Wash, Cold Water Rinse
    Rasoio: iKon Shavecraft 101 with UFO Titan Fine Xl
    Lametta: Polsilver Super Iridium #1
    Pennello: Simpson M6 Manchurian TSN LE #3/200 - 22X48mm
    Sapone: Polmolive Classic Shave Cream
    Post: Cold Washcloth, RazoRock Alum Block, Mentholated Dickinson's, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Lozione Dopobarba: Proraso Aftershave Lotion

Colonia: Brooks Brothers - 1818

DenBB.jpg

GDCarrington likes this.