Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm done, it's not my business anyway.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  2. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

I agree with what Bookworm said:
    There's time, there's frustration, and there's money. During that period of time, that money that I sent through PayPal was NOT available for other tasks. It may not be much, but the principle is the same if it was 5 dollars or 5,000,000 dollars. Thirty some days without the money, or the product I purchased.

I waited the 30 days and was hoping to get what I ordered, they were to gifted to family. I did get my refund from paypal, not TopTop14 or what the hell they are called. The only thing I agree with what you are saying is it isn't any of your business. If nothing is done about these scumbags then they will continue to cheat people.

jimjo1031 and Linuxguile like this.
  3. david of central florida

They refunded your money. I doubt you missed a shave. You wanted a good copy of a great razor for peanuts. They ran out, you didn't get one, for next to nothing, get over it. Spend 5 more bucks and get a q shave.
    Or better yet, order a futur and get what you pay for.
    I was just trying to keep my brothers here from looking like cry babies, arguing over three bucks.
    For all we know, q shave may have orchestrated this whole controversy to make people want to buy their 9 dollar copies.
    I'm out of this thread.

PickledNorthern, Tdmsu and jmudrick like this.
  4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

*scratches his head*

I was attempting to try the generic brand of kibble from the store, rather than paying the extra for the premium kibble - which I wouldn't buy anyway. Someone sold me peanut butter as kibble. They gave back my money, and I'm being told that I should call it a positive transaction.

jimjo1031 and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

Glad to hear your out of this thread, we are entitled to vent when we don't get what we order.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have been following this thread closely and, as of late, am re-thinking my leaving "negative" feedback. @Bookworm raises some legitimate complaints. Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous Asian sellers (not just there, but there I sense that there is a prevalence coming from that region), who have multiple ebay accounts. Huge, mass-market selling the size of which would boggle most of our minds. These mix ups happen all of the time. Sadly, this time it came home to roost with many wet shaving enthusiasts. :( Go ahead and NEG the *heck* out of them. There selling model is flawed and complaints must be made known. *Expletive deleted*.
    BTW @david of central florida your opinion is valid here, I have no problem listening to your point of view. Free speech applies to everyone, even to those, who hold opposing viewpoints.

7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

+1

While I strongly disagree with @david of central florida , I do understand his points. If it was a standard seller with a single mistake, then I _have_ left positive feedback. (Scuttle that got broken, and the seller immediately refunded the money, saying she figured I didn't want pieces) Positive feedback means that you found that the transaction itself was satisfactory in some sense. In the broken scuttle, I was promptly notified that there was a problem and the money was returned even without my asking. In others, it took forever to show up, but I was told up front that there was going to be a delay due to a death in the family. Also a positive transaction. One where the seller refused to respond to queries, having gone out of town and _not_ keeping any track of their sales, or even leaving a note? Also with the items showing up stinking of cigarette smoke? That, I left _neutral_ feedback, and was complained at for it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  8. david of central florida

I was out, please leave me out. I told you all to be ware several pages back. For the record, i think timely communication and a refund should at least get neutral feedback with a brief description of order not fulfilled. I never said anyone should like the miscommunication (being mild).
    They just tried to fill the orders with what they had available.
    I don't know their end game. I am quite sure they can't make money selling for peanuts.
    But i can see a hustle, and even if some can't, you were warned to be ware.
    Lastly, if you get your money back and a parting gift,you weren't cheated, just disappointed.
    Class shines, crybabies pout. You choose which you are.

PickledNorthern and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

We are all entitled to our own opinions. Each of these members have valid points, and they need to be respected, but not necessarily agreed with, in a gentlemanly manner. I, personally would leave a negative feedback. Just because "dingdong14" seems to have a pattern of "Bait and Switch". Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Try to fool everyone with a bait and switch, Bomb the feedback.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  10. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

In the top row is the 5 futur clones i ordered and in the bottom row are 4 more from a second order. In the second pic is the futur clone itself. It looks nothing like my q shave. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Well, I opened a ticket with eBay yesterday and received my refund this morning. No communications from Uncle Ding.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Frustrating...

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not shipped from the Philippines, not a Futur Clone.
    Not a Futur Clone.gif
    Building 14 (China) & tiptop14 fail. I will forward their message and inquire about the highlighted option.

"toptop14:

Dear valued buyer
    Thanks for your msg.
    we are sorry, system problem. we are not able to figure it out which one was shipped. we are still on checking. your item has been shipped out. would you mind check it when you receive it? if the item is not you ordered. we would like to refund or reship it ?
    Have a nice day!
    Regards!
    Your sincerely, Customer Service Dept"

14. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

Take the refund. If they reship it then by the time you get it it'll be too late to do anything. That's their scam. Those razors are costing them between 2-3 cents and the shipping for them is free.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'll give them 24 hours to respond, then show me my money. I really wanted the Futur Clone razor. If they can send one, I'd be happy. Don't want another of the less-than-Weishi type.

AGHisBBS and sky pilot 83 like this.
  16. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I'd say take the refund and go with the clone elsewhere. You can get it on AliExpress for less then 7 bucks and Italian barber for 10 ( but you have to pay for shipping or spend over a certain amount for free shipping)

I bought one from Ali.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Dude. Really?

Primotenore likes this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Apology has been accepted. All's well with the world. :)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ordered my Ming Shi 2000S from virginiasheng on Sunday the 21st, it's now in NYC.

Keithmax, AGHisBBS, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  20. drone115b

drone115b Active Member

Ordered a Ming Shi from Italian Barber ~10 days ago and shaved with it this morning.

I popped the cap off and dropped an Astra green into it. Popped the top cap back on. Really really bad blade alignment. Immediate concern. Popped the cap off and reseated the blade. Popped back on. Blade alignment fixed, but noticed that the head sits on the handle at a slight slant (maybe 1 degree). I did not order a slant adjustable. With slight pressure with one finger, I was able to adjust the alignment of the head by pressing down on the top cap. At this point, I was preparing myself for disappointment.

First pass with setting 3, next 2 with setting 2 (out of 6). You know what? Not bad. I never used a Futur, but this has a very different feel from anything else I've ever used. Not unpleasant, but very different and I imagine it will take me some time before I get my best performance from the thing.

I have an ample, voluptuous nose, under which this razor head does not pass. Dialled it up to 4 to try to get under there and promptly cut myself. D'oh!

For $10 I am very pleased with my purchase. This is not a perfect razor for my requirements (alignment, mowing under nose) but the flaws are manageable. It is also not something I would give to a new wet shaver because I think you need a bit of skill and experience to figure it out -- it doesn't just glide over your face like a vintage Gillette. I would have been thrilled to have this as a go-to item to recommend to newbies, but alas, I cannot.

YMMV. My face may have been a little numb from a heavily mentholated cream I was PIFed and that I used for this shave. I usually don't use strong menthol because I depend upon the feel of the blade on my skin to know where I'm at, but today's shave was nice and I enjoyed it.

DaltonGang, Tdmsu, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.