Mr. Sidney's Original Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TG_Charles, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Sidney's Original Aftershave
    Has anyone tried this stuff? It looks intriguing, but at about $50.00 a bottle, intrigue alone is not going to get me to pull the trigger. Although, that green colored liquid is kind of hypnotic, I think its sending subliminal messages (buy me, you can afford me, I’m worth it, you need me…).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I hate to be the type that bumps up their own thread, but I’m hoping that a little exposure might get a response to whether anyone has tried this aftershave lotion and perhaps a comment on its properties (e.g. scent, burn, moisturizes, etc…).

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I certainly haven't tried it, but I'll help bump the thread.

Just for you, Charles! ;)

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Not familiar with it, however all the other Taylor's aftershaves I've tried have been outstanding. I say give it a shot. If you don't like it, I'm sure the Classifieds will help you find it a new home in no time.

5. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

This is from Taylor’s website: Our latest release is 'Mr. Sidney' named after Mr. Leonard Taylor's father who developed the formula.

Regrettably it tells me nothing that I want to know, but, being the team player that I am, I’ve placed an order for a bottle of Mr. Sidney’s. I will dutifully report back on this after I receive and use it.

6. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Taking one for the team - kudos.

s~s

7. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

I can't believe they put that cap on a $50 bottle of aftershave.

8. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Torz! Where were you with your astute observation before I pulled the triger? Now I am forever saddled with that damned $50.00 plastic cap.

Well, one hopes that what's in the bottle is better than the... cap.

9. jnich67

jnich67 Member

+1

T&H at least slides a nice metal cap over the plastic. That is just bad...

Anyway, looking forward to the report TG! :D

Jordan

10. Will

Will Nevermind

50 bucks for a re-used Witch Hazel bottle. :happy102

I hope that is some good aftershave (Musgo is great at half the price and Velva is great at a 10th).

11. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Actaully, that pic looks like a photoshop-job more than something they charge $50 for. But I'm sure it's one **** of an A/S! Please let us know, this thread has got me curious about what you will get.

12. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

You may be right,
    aftershaves_full.jpg
    this was from the Taylor's site, it appears to have a "nicer" plastic top:)

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Indeed, even at that size and resolution it looks way nicer than the first pic posted!

14. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Mr. Sidney's Original Aftershave arrived yesterday and I don't know what to make of this stuff. It may be green in color but it doesn't smell green to me -- no menthol, no citrus, no crisp fresh smell... I can't figure out what it smells like. It felt nice enough on my face, and it wasn't overpowering, and yet it doesn't fade to quickly either. At best I think I can safely describe it as a herbal scent.

It's not my cuppa, but my wife likes it. She says that it smells like her father when he would return home from the barbershop, many years ago. I need to use it more to see if it grows on me.

Ingredients:
    Denatured Ethanol 84%
    Water Fragrance
    Isopropyl Myristate
    Diethyl Phthalate

15. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Wife likes it....It's your cup now :D

Where was this barbershop her father used to go to?

16. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Yes, you're right! The barbershop was here in Yokosuka, Japan.

17. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Hmm, a Japanese barbershop scent. Now I'm curious :D