My first Injector shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Knox, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

In a nutshell- slightly more aggressive than a Tech or Super Speed (but not as aggressive as a Red Tip) but WOW! These babies give a close shave. I used both as they are both new to me.

The J - long handle is more gentle than the G - short handle. I am most pleased.

Boar brush and Williams Mug Soap.

IMG_3086.JPG IMG_3087.JPG

brit, Jayaruh, RyX and 6 others like this.
  2. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Yes sir, Injectors are awesome! My personal favorite is the Schick Adjustable set on 7. Enjoy those shaves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayaruh, Jim99, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Nice! What blades did you use? Personally, I love the J1. I'm mixed on the G, though. The G1 seems to disagree with me but I do very well with the later G8.

Jayaruh, RyX, John Beeman and 2 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Whatever came loaded from the kind gentlemen on here who sent them to me. I have zero knowledge on blades yet.

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick injector blades can be bought for less than $6.00 for 7 blades at Walgreen's . Personna injector blades around $11.00 for 20 blades Ebay. They both work fine for me, Personna maybe a touch smoother for me.

Jayaruh and sdguero like this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Ever try a twin blade in your adjustable? They work great for me.

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I loaded a C Schick in the G1 for him.

Jayaruh, RyX, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific! Enjoy some smooth shaving with those razors. I made a switch to injectors and SE razors well over a year ago and haven't thought about using a DE since then. These razors just worked better for me. Glad you enjoyed it!

Jayaruh, RyX, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  9. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Sounds like some stocking stuffers are about to be added to my Christmas list

Jayaruh, Jim99, sdguero and 1 other person like this.
  10. jbr63

jbr63 Active Member

Food City grocery stores carry them as well if they are in your area. $4.99 for the 7 pack if I remember correctly.

Jayaruh and Knox like this.
  11. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

I have not, I have never come across any of those blades ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayaruh likes this.
  12. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Yes sir. They are in Knoxville. Thanks!

RyX likes this.
  13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I love my DE safety razors. But I have to say that after researching the injectors a bit, there is something about the mechanical aspect of the injector tool that speaks to me.

Much like the love I have for my Glock striker fired 19... But my Sig hammer fired, DA/SA with a decocker has my heart a bit more. I love the input I have to give, being part of the system.

Looking forward to my first blade change. That won't be for quite a while, as I am on a quest for blade longevity - but I am saving that for another post down the road.

Jayaruh, RyX, sdguero and 1 other person like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Same in the J plus the rest of a 7 pack

Ahhhh, the start of another addiction...

Jayaruh, RyX, sdguero and 1 other person like this.
  15. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I blame you both!

RyX, sdguero and John Beeman like this.
  16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

How many types of injector blades are there? How would a "c" differ from the others? Thanks so much guys!

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I was referring to the Chinese Schick blades, sometimes called Chicks. These are the Schick blades in the yellow packages. There are other Schick injector blades in different packaging made in different countries but they are all NOS and not current production.

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, RyX, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

I think by "C", Andrew meant the Chinese-made Schick Blades. These are the most common.

Not counting NOS blades, the following are the Injector blades currently in production:
    • Chinese-made Schick blades (easiest to come by, sometimes available locally)
    • "Ted Pella" blades made by Personna (available online from Amazon, etc.) Same ones as recommended by Supply for their SE
    • Japanese-made Schick single blades (expensive on eBay, possibly cheaper on Rakuten if you can find a seller who will do "small package" shipping)
    • Japanese-made Schick Twin blades (same as above) Only Twin blade still in production. Will work with J razor, not recommended for G.
    In addition, there are a couple of mini hair shaper blades which will also work in an Injector. These are the same format but come in an unkeyed magazine, so they must be cross-loaded to a keyed magazine.
    • Personna Mini Hair Shaper blades (usually found cheap at local beauty supply stores) Should be the same as the Ted Pella blades
    • Japanese Schick Proline B-20 blades (inexpensive from Rakuten sellers if you can find one who will do "small package" shipping)
    One additional option is to cut down an AC blade to fit. These would also need to be cross-loaded to a keyed magazine.

RyX and sdguero like this.
  19. John Ruschmeyer

A minor correction... the Japanese-made Schicks are current production.

sdguero and Linuxguile like this.
  20. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Thank you tons! I love learning new things.

RyX and sdguero like this.