My first safety razor, Rolls Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blk05crew, Feb 7, 2014.

1. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

Well I'm new to this but have wanted an older razor for a while. Yesterday I found my first safety razor, an unused 1952 Rolls Razor Viscount with the Traveler box. Here's some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and I look forward to learning lots on here. Already have learned quite a bit!

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You know that Rolls is so beautiful, in such "GREAT" condition and so complete with the paper work, if I were you I'd consider not using it and getting another one for shaving...I'm usually pro using a razor rather than making it just a collector piece, but yours is in such "NICE" condition I think you may want to consider keeping it in unused condition...:)

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet! Take a look here ---> *click* for some great Rolls info.

4. blk05crew

Thanks guys! Your right Eddie, in fact I just purchased another viscount in the same case in "good used" condition on Ebay to shave with and I am going to keep this one as a collector.

Thanks for the link Steve!

macaronus likes this.
  5. blk05crew

So I purchased another Rolls Razor Viscount on line and have yet to receive it. But it also seems to be in good shape from what I can tell and this will be the one that I will
    actually shave with hopefully. Here is the on line picture.

[​IMG]

Shamrock likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's amazing.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Heard a lot about these razors - how do they actually shave?

8. castrobabble

castrobabble Member

Do they have a permanent blade?

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I received one for Christmas and was quite surprised and pleased with how well it shaved.
    Use it just like any other DE or SE - find the right angle, no pressure, pay attention to what you're doin' - piece o' cake.

10. blk05crew

I haven't actually shaved with it yet, been using my Gillette Super Speed lately.