My Pre-Shave Routine - Part I of III

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by scott.ostermille, Dec 2, 2016.

1. scott.ostermille

scott.ostermille Well-Known Member

A little walk through my pre-shave routine featuring Soap Commander, Matthew North Marting Brushes and Hone.
    Tune in over the next two weeks for my during and post-routines as well.
    And don't forget to take the survey! https://goo.gl/forms/BWF7vn4d1eoTidPt1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

Hey, thanks for the video! There aren't enough pre shave videos to match its importance in the whole shaving process. It's nice to see what works for others.

A question on the sink soaking of your brush. How clean is a bathroom sink like that? I've thought of it but it just seems way too dirty to have anything touch it and then have contact with my skin.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

You can always clean your sink first lol. I usually get a Clorox wipe and clean it then I get some soap and wash it down with my hands.. takes all of 2 mins

Edwin Jagger Loyalist likes this.
  4. scott.ostermille

scott.ostermille Well-Known Member

I do usually clean my sink out first. In this case, I had literally just cleaned it with actual cleaner because I was going to be shooting a video. ;-) But that's a great point! Something to think about.

Edwin Jagger Loyalist likes this.
  5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Nice video. Well done. My preshave routine has changed over time. It used to be -- splash on some warm water and lather. Then I got into making my own preshave oils. Now I like using a preshave cream (Proraso or Noxema), massage it in and then put a warm facecloth over it for a few minutes and then lather. Some days I do a quick shave and just use bloom water. Usually depends on how much time I have.

6. Jeeves of Hudson Street

Jeeves of Hudson Street Active Member

It's good to see ya here Scott :) anybody else here from Facebook?