My R41 Thread

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Thanks! :cool:

2. Tumstead

Tumstead New Member

Just thought I would add my thoughts here. I love the R41! It is in my rotation of razors I use shaving my head. (I've gone to straights for my face)

The 2011 head gives a really smooth shave. I rank it with the Merkur slant as my top two favorite razors to use.

I have gotten a couple nicks, but only if I've got a place where my head has broken out. I shave my head every day to keep from breaking out too much. If I do get a nick, a couple days with something like the EJ DE89 and I'm good to go for the more aggressive razors.

Using a blue wrapper Gillette 7 O'clock in it right now. I have some Personna medical prep blades on the way, interested to see how those are in my razors.

3. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I've heard of singing straight razors but never a singing safety razor, until I tried the R41. Shaving with it sounds like rolling a can of wood screws down the stairs.
    It gives very close shaves.
    I'm still not sure whether I'll get one or not. I may just get another EJ or a Gillette single ring. I'd like to have the EJ Chatsworth.
    Or, maybe I just haven't found the right blade for the R41. As soon as I think I have the hang of it, it bites me. Much like my straights.
    I was shaving with my Dovo today and got a 2" long slice under my chin on the first pass.
    I hate when that happens, because blood is not a good shaving lube.

4. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Jaymo, man do I love your work with the Allman Bros :)

Heal up, the razors will be waiting.

all my best from your partner in shaving,

scott

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The R41 definitely does like to sing a tune. The only other one I've had that sings this much is the vintage Merkur/Adams/Weck DE razors that have the little dude on the bottom of the handle. :happy102:

6. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

"I'm not afraid of the R41, master."

"You will be. You WILL be."

stingraysrock likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Don't be afraid of Excalibur, the singing sword, Arthur! Pull the blade from the stone and hear it sing!

[​IMG]

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I need a Nine Million Like Button...

battle.munky likes this.