My visit to Chiseled Face Groomatorium Store

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TheFiveO, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well that was a shaggy dog joke :)

2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
    Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Tell that to Groucho.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I might, but he'd probably come back with another.

5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I held out mapping my distance to this store for almost 5 minutes, I'm proud of myself. It's 318 miles, doable for a day trip. I might have to take a long weekend and visit this summer, escape the Phoenix heat

Jorvaljr and mrchick like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If you come out you can actually visit 3 stores. The shoppes in Pasadena
    West coast shaving in chino
    Groomatorium in Ontario .

The ontario and chino store are fairly close to each other

ob1page and twhite like this.
  7. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

ENABLER!!! Thank you :)

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Bookworm

Nope, no shave shops in Pasadena - I've driven down Red Bluff through downtown, and they don't have anything like that there. (Texas).

As for Ontario, there might be one there, but that's a big province.

:p

JohnnyTex and TheFiveO like this.
  9. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

Nope...no shave shops in "Stinkadena"...or anywhere else in Houston or the surrounding counties. :(
    If someone were to open up a well stocked shave shop in this area, it would attract business from all over the region.

Love the pooch! Look at those eyes. That dog wouldn't hurt a fly.

10. Bookworm

What would BE a well stocked shop? I mean, lots of razors, lots of blades, lots of A/S, lots of soap, which?

11. JohnnyTex

Yeah...that.

Or...lets go by the razor shop, after we go by the blade shop...we could even go by the A/S shop after hitting up the soap shop. Better yet, lets put lots and lots and lots of variety together in one location! Would that BE...a well stocked shop?

12. Bookworm

y'got me. I've never been in a 'shaving supplies' shop. On "That" forum, one of the things that got me hammered was I posted up a topic, asking people to post what would be _in_ their ideal shave shop. I got reamed for asking people to do my research for me, despite the fact I wasn't asking for research.

Maybe I'll try again here. I'm STILL curious about what people would want in a shop. You see, the only thing there is here is AoS. There's also The British Isles, which sells stuff from the UK, as well as a few shaving related items, but that's about it. So the only shops I have experience with are like Sally's Beauty, and the various random 'Beauty Supply' shops.

There was a Remington store many years ago, but I think they're long gone, and they mostly sold electric shavers and knives. No guns, interestingly enough for Texas.

13. JohnnyTex

Agreed...we have "Art of Shaving" and "The British Isles" over in Rice Village...thats about it.

AoS...LOVE their product. Their hard soaps and creams are some of the best I've used, but, they're brand specific...of course.

British isles...has one set of shelves that stock some name product (think St. James of London, Edwin Jagger, TOBS creams, etc.)...but it's over priced and a very small selection.

Think of WCS, Maggards, QED or some other example like "Groomatorium"...but local to us. That would be a wet shavers dream and we live in a very large market here.

14. Bookworm

That's just it. I've never seen them, and only a few photos of places like Groomatorium.

It would probably fit best in the Heights, or maybe Midtown/Fourth Ward, but the rents could be exorbitant. Sometimes I wish I could afford to put up a retail business. At least I'd be in one place, even if my hours weren't any shorter :)

15. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I don't know if they still carry anything, but several years ago I went to Life Check Drugs on Post Oak at San Felipe and was able to get a nice badger brush. They also had a lot of the Clubman line in stock, and some other stuff. It's been a few years since I've been over that way so I have no idea if my information is current.

I've been to the British Isles shop once (would love to go back). I didn't recall their prices being that bad, especially if you didn't have to wait for the mail :) http://britishislesonline.com/toiletries/mens-toiletries/taylor-of-old-bond-street/ (as a sample)

16. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

17. brit

brit in a box

would love to visit pastuers pharmacy in new york.a friend got me a bottle of fine platinum from there on a work related visit.if vancouver bc had a place like that well.....i d need a third bedroom.