NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'm still in. I've got enough of everything except perhaps original Clubman. It'll make a nice birthday gift in a few months.

jtspartan likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think if you pick one up at a local drugstore(should they have) it, that should count as still in.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

No hard and fast rules, more of an “honor” system or self policing. Consumables are ok, providing your replenishing what you used up. At least that’s my understanding...now buying new razors, brushes etc a no go, unless you broke a razor or bristles fell out of a brush (had that happen with the old #6 “horse hair” from the best shave site (no longer in business I believe) in Turkey. Shed itself to death in about 6 months (I know, I know, others still have and use them).

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Yeah, but I seem to recall BOTH being evicted. :signs002:

Screwtape, Jim99 and jeraldgordon like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Good news Jim, now you can stock up for NB 19.

All thanks to your wife, she opened the door to your spending limit. :happy093:

jeraldgordon, Screwtape and Jim99 like this.
  6. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I'm still in too. Every time I look under my sink and see the slowly-depleting stock coming down to a (nearly) sane level it's a great feeling.

jeraldgordon, mrchick and Screwtape like this.
  7. Paul Turner

You must have prepared yourself well for the task(as I did).

CliffDweller likes this.
  8. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Today is a banner day! Why? Look in my sig line and see the day I fell and was expelled from NB'17... I am about to set a new Personal Best in NBs... :)

Now to be fair, I have not avoided all acquisitions -- I have had the original unsatisfactory boar knot in my Semogue SOC cherrywood boar brush replaced with a nice Tuxedo synthetic. However, the Tuxedo knot had been sitting in my cupboard for a year and I swapped some product for the installation labour. And I am also commissioning a nice boar brush from Jayaruh. Again, however, I am not buying the brush but swapping Jayaruh some vintage razors from my stash. The overall result is actually a net reduction in my hoard...

In fact, I have gone further. One possible razor I offered Jayaruh was turned down by him. I noticed someone had a WTB for one in the Classifieds so I actually sold a razor!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It’ll take me three or four years of no buy to get to that point

10. Paul Turner

Exactly what is under your sink, @mrchick-Pasteur's Pharmacy? :)

jeraldgordon, AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I have that same sink! Still in and good to go for a while longer. However, I only have about 150 blades left!

12. Paul Turner

150? I'd like to remind you we have 10 short months left. :D

jeraldgordon, AGHisBBS and Troy M like this.
  13. mrchick

It won’t fit under four of my sinks

14. mrchick

It won’t fit under four of my sinks

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

How did I end up repeating that silly question? Shhux. But funny answer :).

jeraldgordon and mrchick like this.
  16. Paul Turner

All right fellas...my first potential glitch in my NB 18 goal has come. West Coast Shaving just sent me an e-mail consisting of just one sentence: CHOOSE YOUR FREE GIFT. SHOP NOW. (All right, let's make that 2 sentences, but I got the message after just the first one). I'm contacting them tomorrow to see what this is all about. If in fact I can go ahead and choose a free gift, I would imagine I'm still in, right? I mean....I didn't BUY the thing(whatever it will be). Stay tuned for more!

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  17. mrchick

Unless you have to buy something to get the free something. If that is the case, buy me something and keep the free something. That way we both win and you get to stay in NB18

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    PickledNorthern and Primotenore like this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm still in. I don't NEED to buy anything for a long time, and keep focusing on that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

19. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Right... Cause, after all, you are starting to run out of things... down to just 4 under sink areas...

mrchick likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I have completed a NB year. It's a very cool thing.

The ability to do nothing is the hardest form of self control.

Good luck guys.