NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Congrats. I hope to make it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahh, that makes good sense. Well, I sent the e-mail to them, so let's see if I can make some sense of this. Will keep you posted, Brian. :)

mrchick and Jim99 like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Well, if you have to buy something to get the free gift, buy a razor for me and keep the gift.
    :p

mrchick likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

You, too?(See the reply of @mrchick.)

Jim99 likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You’re going to have a lot of free gifts.

6. Paul Turner

Actually, it's buy $35 worth, THEN get the free gift. Appears that way, at least.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Hey, why didn’t I think of that? I did!

Jim99 likes this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    @mrchick does NOT need anything new. (Unless it's a new avatar :happy097: ) I do, however. :)

9. Paul Turner

Here's an update on this WCS e-mail, gentlemen: I clicked the "Shop Now" part of it, which included a silly-looking thing(perhaps a nomination for Brian's new avatar, although it is my recollection that the man plans to keep his(as I do mine, by the way). It said "free gift WITH OVER $35 PURCHASES). I'll wait til they write back to confirm my "Lewis&Clark"type discovery, but as of now here's my reply as to am I going to "buy" $35 worth of items to get the freebie.

no

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Jim99, AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Of course you did, Brian...you and the 99 man are in cahoots on this baby! ;)

Jim99 and mrchick like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Mr Chick, I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I skipped right over your post. And I thought I was being funny!
    :p

mrchick and Paul Turner like this.
  12. mrchick

You were

Jim99 likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

WCS E-mail update...No reply yet. They probably said to themselves "Of course he'll figure out that you have to buy many products to qualify for the freebie".

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  14. Paul Turner

First soap to be tossed out-the Rte 66. Hardly any left. Still hve a good lineup, and, afterall, as I look outside at this blizzard, I realize spring&summer(when I use less soaps/more cans)is almost here. Did I say that???? lol

mrchick, Jim99 and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

In post #148, I said I was getting two new or refurbished brushes while still staying within the NB limits. Here they are:

IMG_00000199.jpg
    The Semogue Owners Club cherrywood brush was my boar brush. I found the knot too soft, too wispy and too much of a shedder. So I took an APShaveCo 24mm Tuxedo knot that was stashed in my cupboard and arranged to have Jason @jtspartan set it for me. He had to bore out the old metal cup to get the knot to fit but did a great job. All done with a brush I already had, a spare knot I already had, and the labour paid for with extra product from my stash.

The 400-style boar brush just arrived yesterday. I commissioned it new from Jim @Jayaruh -- Jayaruh #267. Birdseye maple handle set with a new Omega knot harvested from an Omega 49 Professional, I think. Beautiful brush, and paid for with some vintage razors from my collection.

And in the course of doing the trade, I found a surplus razor that someone else wanted and sold it, and also sold a carton of Gem PTFEs that otherwise wouldn't have been touched for at least a decade if not longer...

16. mrchick

I’m out. Almost four months is a major accomplishment for me[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Jim99, PanChango and 2 others like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Well, you faught the good fight. Gonna try '19?

Jim99 likes this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Still in with no problems. Got enough stuff so don't anticipate the need to get anything either. Life is good

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Primotenore and 2 others like this.
  19. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Well, if you're going to take a dive, do it for unique vintage items rather than everyday inventory... that's a great set of fine old English razors you dug up, Brian!

mrchick, Primotenore and jtspartan like this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm still in....

Today was day 117 of using a gem micromatic (started nov 22). I haven't thought about using let alone buying another one. I have also used up the remnants of my Superior 70 (found my last reserve bottle in the closet so I am good), finished a tube of cream, and a soap. Once the Superior 70 goes, it will be replaced. It has been the only aftershave I have used for the better part of the last decade...