Need help finding 2 soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by vincentcat, Oct 28, 2017.

1. vincentcat

vincentcat Member

So I am looking for 2 soaps, one of them I had in the past but forgot the name, The second soap is based on a scent i am looking for.

As for the first soap. I bought this soap about 8 years ago and it smelled like wet earth. Like outside after it rained. I remember having to order it threw email from Italy, BUT I cant remember the name of the soap. If anyone knows the name of the soap or the company that would be super helpful. If not then are there any other soaps that smell like this? I have had other soaps that say they smell woodsy or like the outdoors but it wasn't a true earth smell.

As for the 2nd soap I am looking for something with a strong patchouli smell. It is ok if there are other scents mixed in but Id like the patchouli to stand out.

Thanks for any help, I am new to the forum and excited to get to know everyone.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @vincentcat! I don't have the answers you seek, but I do favor patchouli. Good chance one of our well versed members have the information. I'll be watching for when they drop suggestions because who doesn't need more soap!

If you have a few moments, stop in at The Welcome Center and make your introduction. We are generally a friendly crew and like hearing about the Shave Journey of new folks.

Spyder, Paul Turner and wristwatchb like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den from Kentucky!

I think you're looking for Jabonman Eufros soap. It is a great soap. Email Manuel at magafe_es@yahoo.es.

Spyder, vincentcat and RyX like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry, can't help with the soaps, but welcome to the Den!

Spyder likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

The first I'd guess to be Cyril R Salter French Vetiver. Its got a funky earthy aroma.

The second I'm no help. The only patchouli soap i have is soap commander respect. It has patchouli and lime. I feel the lime is the louder.

RyX and Spyder like this.
  6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Barrister and Mann makes a soap and aftershave called "Petrichor" which smells each like wet earth.Petrichor is actually the name of the wet earth scent after it rains. They had an older release, which may have been the exact soap you are referring to...but lucky for you, they just re-released it in an even better formula.

RyX, Screwtape, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Here's the official description of Petrichor:

A soap that smells like damp earth after a Spring rain. Utterly unlike anything else we have ever smelled, Petrichor conjures images of Scottish moors and damp forests sparkling with dew. Made with real, diluted geosmin and oakmoss from Herzogovina.

RyX, Screwtape, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Well crap, now its on the list.

RyX, Spyder and vincentcat like this.
  9. vincentcat

vincentcat Member

It was Jabonman thanks so much! I may also try out that barrister and man scent.

RyX, Spyder and wristwatchb like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Stirling Glastonbury for your patchouli soap. You can thank me after you try it.

Seriously, it’s that good.

RyX, Screwtape, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  11. SmokeShowing

SmokeShowing Well-Known Member

THIS! Outstanding scent on this one.

RyX, vincentcat and Spyder like this.
  12. vincentcat

vincentcat Member

just placed a order at sterling 3 days ago. I did not order that one, I should have joined the forum before ordering. It will be on my next order for sure

RyX likes this.
  13. vincentcat

vincentcat Member

thanks for the help

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You are welcome. I recently finished a tin of Jabonman Eufros Oriental Breeze, and I have another tin of Wet Earth ready to go. I was very impressed with both the performance and the complexity of the scent of the Oriental Breeze. I'm sure the Wet Earth will be a treat to use as well.

15. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I enjoy the Eufros Tierra Humeda very much. For patchouli, I like Tabula Rasa's version. As I understand it, it happens to be on sale from Smallflower through Amazon.

RyX and Screwtape like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ack! Now either I make a choice, or get TWO more soaps!

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Another interesting soap that should be on your radar is Saponifico Verisino Felce Aromatica. It's a wet forest scent, with a moss, fern, and trees sort of thing going on. It is the best multilayered "fern" scent out there.

DesertTime, battle.munky and Ksblazer like this.