Need help identifying a blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Carbide Mike, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I need someone's help identifying this blade. It is a pre-split DE blade and has no markings on it . KIMG0035.jpg

BigMike likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Neal @NCoxSTL has seen quite a few in his Blade Trials. Maybe he'll stop by!

Carbide Mike and NCoxSTL like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well I'm here and I will give you my absolutely best and most professional assessment. I have no idea. The holes are not like any shavette blade I've run into, which are usually notches. Just based on that alone I would guess that it's proprietary for a particular razor. I'll run some image searches and matches to see if anything shows up. Quite puzzling.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  4. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Thank you . It is puzzling me.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  5. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

It kind of looks like one of the blades off my old ice auger. For ice fishing. Just my .02 worth.

Carbide Mike and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If I had to guess, I would say that it is made from the same strip of metal that DE blades are made from. I would also say that my best guess is that the blade is for a medical/surgical single use disposable razor, similar to this one.
    [​IMG]

NCoxSTL and Carbide Mike like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

:signs011: It does look like some medical blades I've seen also.

NCoxSTL and Carbide Mike like this.
  8. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

It came out of a bulk pack of pre split DE blades and there were more like it. It was wrapped just like a pre-split DE blade. Just no name on the wrappers, or blade. ?. It is a great blade but the only guidance I have is what I have purchased, Derbys, Sharks, and Royal Reds, but resembles none.

PLANofMAN and NCoxSTL like this.