New account - but not new..

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Bookworm, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I've been DE shaving for decades, and randomly visited the various shave forums for years. Recently I started contributing to another forum, but due to repeated issues with at least one moderator, amounting to a vendetta, I'm here now. (hypocrisy, basically)

I doubt I'll post much for a while, and what I do post will mostly be informative, rather than conversational.

As for what I use? I started with a 1980's SuperSpeed - in the 80's. I've tried electrics, disposables, and cartridges, and haven't been thrilled with much of any of them. I do keep a battery powered electric in my glove box, in case I need to shave before meeting with a customer, but that's just for touch ups. Right now I'm switching blades around between fat handled Techs, SSs, and about to try a long comb NEW.

As for my collection? As I update my personal Wordpress site, I'll load a gallery there; that way I don't use up bandwidth here (unless otherwise requested). I'm very close to the point where I have to stop, consolidate, and PIF and sell a number of razors, so there will be deals to be had, simply because I only have ONE face. I don't want to be one of those people with a whole room dedicated to shaving. (fountain pens, maybe)

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Shaving Den.

Sent via mobile

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Thanks! However, I'm pretty sure I'll never be joining the Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers :) I've shaved in cold water, but I don't have to like it. More power to you for saving energy.

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cold water is just best for my skin. I do clean my gear with hot water and I shower with hot water. It has its purposes even for me.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

10. brit

brit in a box

welcome from b.c. canada.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Bookworm

I hope you enjoy it here and look forward to any info you pass along. I think you will enjoy it here, I know I do. :)

RyX likes this.
  12. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome from Central NJ @Bookworm!
    Enjoy the camaraderie. That site wouldn't perhaps have a striped rodent in it's logo would it? If so I am a refugee from there myself(read banned for life) for having a go at a mod.
    You're in a much better place

13. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

So this is where you vanished too ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

RyX likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den!

16. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you joined us @Bookworm. Thanks for bringing your experience with you. I hope you find TSD a comfortable environment. We accept all Shavers. You can find folks using carts to straights, and OTC, imported, & homemade soaps, brushes, pre and post care products. Polite discussion is always welcome.
    Plenty room for opinions, advice, even actual information!

19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Houston Texas.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.