new edwin jagger

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by icemanwbs, Sep 26, 2014.

1. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

So I'm awaiting the arrival of my brand new edwin jagger de89. Got it on Amazon. Ill keep posting on how I relate to my vintage gilletes. This is my first new de.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I really like my EJ89. Solid razor.

Herm2502 likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I liked my EJ89 a lot and used it until I got a Weber SS DLC shave head. The EJ shave head is "GREAT" but the handle was "WAY" too slick for me. Changing handles made a world of difference(for the good) with the EJ. I've now used the Weber BullDog handle with both heads. The Weber DLC head beat out the EJ smoothness wise by only the tiniest of margins.:)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  4. TexasTiger

TexasTiger Well-Known Member

I really like my EJ89 as well, but I kind of did the opposite of what you are doing. I started with the EJ89 and picked up a vintage gillette Fatboy after a couple of months. I haven't picked up my EJ since...LOL...

5. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

that is my first razor, very nice

Herm2502 likes this.
  6. icemanwbs

Hope to get new Edwin Jagger today

7. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Which one are you getting. Like Tattoobob the EJ89 was also my first DE razor, still really like it.

8. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Good choice!

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

EJDE89L was my first DE razor as well.
    Interesting that it seems to be the gateway razor for so many of us.

I still use it from time to time and will never part with it due to it being 'the first'.
    When I want something mild I reach for the EJ89 or my Gillette Blacktip. It's a great razor (not to mention very good looking) so good luck with it!

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Probably the first time I spent more than $3 for a razor. It was my first when I got away from the goo and cartridges. Lovely razor. It hasn't seen action probably in a year or so. Vintage razors do the job.

dscaver likes this.
  11. steelheart1948

steelheart1948 New Member

The DE89L was my first razor in DE shaving. It is part of my permanent rotation of razors that also includes the Merkur 34c, 37c and Progress.

Bristle Me likes this.
  12. icemanwbs

Got the de89bl and I'm impressed , wow what a beauty. Nice craftsmanship. Also picked up a Tweezerman badger brush to replace the VDH I started with. Can't wait to put it all to use maybe with some Arko soap. :bounce015::happy088:

13. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

P1010385_25pct.jpg

DE89-11
    An excellent razor for mouse, man, and moose.

Oh, and welcome icemanwbs! :signs046:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That is art. Very nice.

15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

EJ 8911 was my first DE, and I love it. Contrary to what some believe, the smooth barrel is not slippery unless you pick it up with lather all over your hands, which I don't do with any of my razors. Congratulations, I think you'll love your new EJ!

icemanwbs and Bristle Me like this.
  16. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Congrats! I've heard good things about the razor but have never personally owned it.

icemanwbs likes this.
  17. icemanwbs

Well, seams my badger brush is way to flimsy for my taste. Not performing as well as the VDH that came in kit. Ill have to read up on them . DE 89 performed outstanding, again ! ;)

18. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

What brush was floppy?

icemanwbs likes this.
  19. icemanwbs

It's a Tweezerman I got on Amazon.

20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

You may not be in the market for another brush, but if you might be, consider an H.I.S. synthetic brush. I bought one a few months back wanting a quick drying travel brush. What I got was a fabulous brush that does much more than dry quickly. It holds water well for lathering, and is a true lather monster! Has backbone, yet is very soft. I like it so well, I may never buy another boar or badger!

icemanwbs and Bristle Me like this.