New from Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by jered6323, Apr 20, 2017.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome!

3. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den amigo..... :signs046:

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Greetings and salutations. enjoy!

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

In my opinion, all the Stirling soaps are fantastic performers. Just pick a scent and you'll be good with no worries. I find Piacenza, Port Au Prince and Lemon Glacial Chill as my favorites thus far.

6. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.

Zykris likes this.
  7. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den from a fellow Virginian.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Howdy. Welcome.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @jered6323! Thank you for your service to your community.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @jered6323

I hope you enjoy it here. Sounds like your equipment and technique are sound you just need the time, practice and patience to perfect everything to your personnel taste. I would suggest a sample blade pack or two. The more different blades you can try the better I've found. A different blade can make a world of difference in a razors performance.

I'm a recently retired (34 yrs service) Firefighter myself. I wish I had discovered "traditional" shaving in the beginning of my career. My problem with carts wasn't just the cost but rather the "MISERABLE" shave and aftershave(burn, nicks, irritation, etc.) I got from them. Sometimes my face would hurt half the day or more after my shave. Nothing like sweating in an air mask with a raw face for a 1/2 hour or so to really make your morning complete. Unfortunately I didn't discover "traditional" wet shaving until the end of my career. IMO your making the right move at least as far as shaving is concerned :).

12. jered6323

jered6323 Member

Thank you for your service as well! I'm glad that I'm not the only firefighter that found this to be an improvement.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here