New Holy Black limited soap released minutes ago!! Selling out fast.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Vlasta, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Maybe if I had hit the Powerball jackpot. Actually, I'd have ordered MDC, first. But one of the smaller options. I don't get LE releases anyway. If you really like it your screwed, because your likely never going to be able to acquire another one, unless of course it's a piece of hardware, but even then.

Shaver X likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You may be correct with this statement, but it is an unknown commodity to me. I hope you like the soap. Looking forward to your comments on it. My shave den is simply not going to acquire soaps in that price range ever again. I get too many fantastic shaves from my vintage AOS, Williams and other quality soaps in the $12-$20 range. I happen to regret having spent $$$ on MdC. It's just not that terrific. Now, if I find a Toggle...that's a horse of a different color. :)

3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I hope you find a NOS one. It's gotta be a rare as a hens teeth, but you can always dream.

Vlasta, ram57 and Primotenore like this.
  4. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    1 left!!

5. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

$62 for a 4oz soap? I would feel like such a fool if I bought this. It's SOAP people! I mean the dish is cool but c'mon.

Shaver X likes this.
  6. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Really? it is worth what people will pay for it. I don't feel like a fool at all - firstly I can afford it and in any case it's my money. Secondly it's a piece of history in that the recipe is 150 years old, has been remade now, and will likely never be made again. True unobtanium in a lovely dish! I cannot wait to give it a try.

7. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I have MDC and Nuavia Verde to and found both to be excellent.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The allure of unobtainium is at work here, and not limited to soaps.
    Consider the demand and cost for Floid Blue when production (or rumors of) ceased...

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If you can obtain it, is it truly unobtanium? I think not.

Enjoy it

Shaver X and dustmite like this.
  10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

It is an individual decision, based in part by the budget, but I think it is primarily a matter of priorities. I would pick up something my wife wanted without too much thinking for $62. Something for me? Not when it comes to shaving, but on old woodworking hand plane would be very tempting if the quality and size is right. We all have those things we really enjoy. If this is yours, I hope you enjoy every shave. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jtspartan and BigMark83 like this.
  11. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Well it soon will be. There is ONE pot left.

12. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

The scent sounds interesting, and the fact that it is true to the very old recipie makes it even more interesting. I won't be buying any, but if I had a job that paid double my current rate, I might.

Please give us a review and share the experience.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Way too much for my shoestring budget.

Shaver X and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    You do not need to defend your purchases. It's your money and you can do whatever you want with it, however, it shouldn't surprise you that there are MANY shavers who find that price to be exorbitant; myself included. Soap does not exponentially improve with a higher price.

Shaver X, Chuck F, DesertTime and 4 others like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Truth

16. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    They are all gone now - 200 sold. I cannot wait to try it.

17. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

Annnnddd Stefan laughs all the way to the bank and does a little jig after he makes the deposit.

Shaver X likes this.
  18. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    That's business - buyers and sellers. Hopefully the sellers make a profit or we would all be doomed.....

19. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

Hopefully??? There's maybe $1.50 worth of soap at best and a $5 ceramic tub. I'd say they did pretty well.

Shaver X likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    I think a blind comparison test would be very interesting. :signs002:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.